bootcamp mac activated by vista loader 3.001

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by anyen, Jul 9, 2008.

1. anyen

anyen MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2008
    hii all...i used bootcamp and for vista activation i used vista loader 3.001..it works but when booting i have to wait the blank page for two minutes at least to the next screen...so what i want to ask is there anyone using bootcamp that know how to solve slow boot up problem...by changing registry or somthing...?? it work fast on vmware though if i use it on osx vmware

2. tuckery

tuckery MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2009
    vista loader

Hey anyen,
    I've got the same setup going w/ the mac pro on bootcamp.
    i'm running vista x64 ultimate. I'd installed vista, without any cd key.. but foolishly let vista update itself, w/ the authentication update.

now I'm trying to use vista loader to remove the activation.
    how did you go about doing this? did u use the intel logo while installing?

3. aoberoi

aoberoi MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2009
    Hey I am trying to do the same, activate vista with vistaloader 3.0.0.1. I too cannot get it to work. I tried using Asus and Dell as the OEM logos. When i reboot back into vista, the system screen says i have 3 days left until automatic activation. i clicked the activate now button and it says "The Windows Vista Ultimate product key you typed is invalid for activation" and it gives me the options of buy a product key, use a different product key, or contact xxx to help resolve the problem. i obviously dont want to choose any of those. How did the OP get it working?

4. anyen

anyen MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2008
    well did u uninstalled previous cracks or trying to install to fress install vista??
    mine works like a charm.. it actually works before installing and after sp1...just use the intel logo...2 reboots and it is activated...i am using vista 32bit...planning on vista 64 bit but still dont have time to install everything...
    the only drawback is you have to wait when booting like 20 to 30 sec than the rest is fast...

5. anyen

anyen MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2008
    #5 anyen, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
    (OP)
    oh one more thing..uac have to be disabled...and then restart after u disable it...than run the program as administrator...hopefully it works

6. aoberoi

aoberoi MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2009
    thank you for replying so quickly! i really appreciate it.

i tried what you said and STILL no luck for me. could you take a look at my steps and see if i did something you didnt do? can you detail exactly what your steps were when you got it to work? I wouldnt mind starting over again if you can find some sort of mistake i made. also, what kind of mac are you using? I have a macbook pro c2d 2.16GHz that is about 2 years old.

here are the exact steps ive done since my fresh install:
    1. install vista ultimate 32bit (w/ no product key)
    2. install bootcamp drivers from leopard disc (required restart)
    3. update bootcamp drivers using apple software update (required restart)
    4. install vista sp1 standalone (required like 3 restarts)
    5. ran vistaloader 3.0.0.1 w/ intel logos (restart) - i did experience the ~20 second delay
    6. DIDNT WORK (installed small things like firefox, adobe reader, winrar in the meantime) - system properties page shows intel logo, but does not show that it is activted.
    7. uninstalled vistaloder (restart)
    8. disabled UAC (restart)
    9. ran vistaloader as administrator w/ intel logos (restart) - this time i got a Vista Boot Manager screen after a 10-15 second delay that was going to let me choose to start up in diagnostic mode, i still chose normal mode.
    10. restart again (since you said you had to do it twice) - another 20 second delay
    11. STILL DOES WORK - intel logo is there, but the activation still says "X days left, click here to activate now"

7. anyen

anyen MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2008
    mine works... just disable uac first than install as administrator....for sp2 vista loader 3 still works...now im in sp 2 mode

8. anyen

anyen MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2008
    it is trial & error..is your vista cd pure vista..or already cracked one...you have to uninstall any crack first...some version of win vista already include crack automaticly install crack that does not works with sp1...

9. anyen

anyen MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2008
    or try apply the crack before install sp1

10. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008