Bootloader and linux

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by anew_balance08, Jun 1, 2011.

1. anew_balance08

anew_balance08 MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2010
    I've happily been using Daz' bootloader with my W7 and it's working great :biggrin:

I've dual booted on a few occasions and wonder if dual booting would interfere with Daz' bootloader? Would I get the dreaded not genuine when I boot into W7 again?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

TIA :)

2. Nimbus2000

Nimbus2000 MDL Member

May 5, 2010
    On my laptop I dual boot with Windows 7 and Linux Mint. Grub2 is installed in the MBR and used to select the operating system at boot time.

On my desktop, I have Windows 7, Windows XP, and Linux Mint (each in a primary partition). Grub2 is installed in the Linux partition (not recommended but it works in a primary partition). I use Gag in the MBR as the boot manager.

I have re-installed and re-configured both systems several times and have never had a problem with Daz's loader. I thought I would have to re-install the loader and possibly use the preserve boot option but I was surprised that it was not necessary.

3. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
    Uninstall loder;;Run Wat Fix it will restart your PC no problem ;) Install latest loader again Reboot.

All Done

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. anew_balance08

anew_balance08 MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2010
    #4 anew_balance08, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
    (OP)
    Thanks for responding :D

Not too long after posting my question I took the plunge and installed 10.04 and am dual booting.

No problems whatsoever with W7 on restarts :) :) :)

I love variety in my OS! :)

PS. What about microsoft security essentials??? Will that work fine with W7/DAZ bootloader??? After all the work with 10.04 installation and W7 setup the way I like I would not like a "not genuine" popup.