bootmgr is missing press ctrl/alt/del to restart help please

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by lowrider69, Sep 7, 2012.

1. lowrider69

lowrider69 MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2012
    hi guys got a new prob with this dam pc now lol (toshiba satellite c650)

trying to install windows 7 I start the pc up and all i,m getting is bootmgr is missing press ctrl/alt/del to restart

i have tried using a windows 7 system repair disk and tried it on usb it gets as far as loading the 1st min of loading windows 7 and stops with a black screen but the mouse cusor is showing and it moves about but thats as far as i can get :(

even tried loading an xp OS disk but that when so far then blue screened

any ideas what i can try please?? or do you think the hard drive is fuked??

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    bios version. laptop model is not complete c650-####
    is windows 7 untouched or one of them hazard distros ?

the bluescreen of xp is 0x0007B which means no sata driver. needs ide mode in bios or nlite slipstreamed text mode sata driver.

3. lowrider69

Jun 26, 2012
    laptop says toshiba c650 -15c
    bios says at top insysde H20 setup untility Rev 3.5
    system bios ver 1.20
    ec ver 1.10

not sure what hazard distros means sorry

4. MDL Geek

MDL Geek MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2012
    #4 MDL Geek, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    Last time I had this problem (some 2-3 years back), I had to perform a clean install of OS (not using system repair disc)...

The reason I had this problem was: wrong BIOS update!!!! (It could be something different for you.)

If you are using windows, you can easily grab the iso file for your OS from MDL. (I'm a newbie too, so I can't post links yet, but you can visit mydigitallife.net website and search for windows 7 digitalriver ;)) It sounds like you are an OEM user. In that case, you have the OEM serial beneath your laptop. Use it...
    In any case, if you face trouble or are not sure, contact the manufacturers.

P.S. 1. Clean install means all data and preinstalled software will be wiped from your machine. So make sure to make a backup of data and make a list of which software you had in your machine, so that you may contact the makers for the support.
    2. If booting from DVD doesn't work, try booting from pen drive.
    3. But, BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, check the boot device options (free f9 while booting), and make sure you can boot from another disc (e.g. install Ubuntu in a pendrive and try to boot from it. Check if everything works perfectly.)
    4. If you are not sure what to do, DON"T DO ANYTHING YOURSELF... Instead contact a professional.

Wish you luck! :)

5. lowrider69

Jun 26, 2012
    I do know what i,m doing m8 just never come across this before, have tried using a windows 7 dvd and a pen drive but it does the same thing

6. MDL Geek

MDL Geek MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2012
    Did you try installing Ubuntu (or any other Linux distro) on the pendrive and booting from it?

7. lowrider69

Jun 26, 2012
    no m8 not tried Ubuntu as wanted windows on it, did try Ultimate Boot recovery CD and that loaded but couldent do anything as never knew the software on it that well what can Ubuntu do?

8. supaduper

supaduper MDL Member

Jul 3, 2011
    I have had that prob bud with it bluescreening/hanging in the end it was the Hard drive!just swap it out and try another to see if it is bad.

9. lowrider69

Jun 26, 2012
    wish i had a spare drive kicking about to try it out trouble is with laptops is there not so interchangeable are they, i put it in a docking station and it froze my main pc up

10. MDL Geek

MDL Geek MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm out of ideas right now. Maybe someone else will have a better solution. Or maybe, you can contact the manufacturer. Your pc is new, so it must be within warranty.

11. supaduper

supaduper MDL Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Thats why I always have a spare couple of small GB sata and ide HD`s just for elimination purposes it worth the small outlay for that alone,can any local friends borrow you one ?

12. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  13. HORIZONTAL THINKER

HORIZONTAL THINKER MDL Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Where did you download the .ISO of Win7 from?

I had the same problem a while back and just burned Win7 to disk at a lower speed and it solved the problem.
    I can link you to Pre-Activated and Non Activated AIO(All In One) Win7 downloads but i'm just unsure if posting links to torrents is allowed on the forum.

14. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    the links are already around ( media refresh sp1 search for that and also the official windows 7 repository). no need to post RemoveWAT infested torrents.

15. HORIZONTAL THINKER

HORIZONTAL THINKER MDL Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Wouldn't dream of it LatinMcG:biggrin:

I would have linked him to one of my own torrents :rolleyes::rolleyes: