Bought a New Toshiba Laptop

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Buster Bunny, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Buster Bunny

Buster Bunny MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2011
    I bought the following laptop:

TOSHIBA SATELLITE L655-1HC
    • Intel Core i5 M 480 @ 2.67 / 2.93 GHz.
    • 4 GB DDR3 RAM
    • ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 1 GB
    • 15.6" Toshiba TruBrite® HD TFT display
    • 500 GB HDD (5400 RPM)
    • Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)

The performance is amazing!

I just have a few questions:

1) How many cores are in the i5 CPU? I know we have 2 cores in the Core 2 Duo

2) What is the cache on this CPU? I checked with CPU-Z and it tol me only 3 MB :( I had a Core 2 Duo before that had 6 MB, what gives, this was supposed to be an upgrade.

3) on Balanced power settings, my CPU runs at 2.67 GHz. , but I am keeping it on high performance and it is always @ 2.93 , if I keep it running @ the Turbo speed, will I risk damaging my CPU? or is it safe to always keeps it at this speed?

4) What do you think of the graphics chipset? I hae always used nVIDIA chipsets, this is my first time to try an ATI chipset, how do they compare?

5) I did a clean install of Win 7 x64 Ultimate, I downloaded all the drivers from the Toshiba website. There is a button above the trackpad which is supposed to disable or enable the trackpad, pressing it does not do anything. I have to press FN + F9, that works fine to disable or enable it, so what is that button for then? and how can I make it work?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cibomatto2002

cibomatto2002 MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2011
    Nice computer where did you get it?

3. Buster Bunny

Buster Bunny MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2011
    I was on vacation in Dubai, I bought it at Dubai Mall for $870 USD, comes with a free Toshiba carry case and a Logitech Anywhere MX Mouse! Amazing mouse and top notch performance laptop.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Christary

Christary MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2011
    i think you have spent a lot more price for it the same featured laptop i have bought from an online store named couponmega.org/ by using coupon code i was got 34% discount on the original price.