Bought a Surface RT (for the wife) and a pro (for me)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Dolorous Edd, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Bought the RT for the wife, she loves it, I like it and the new interface makes sense on a tablet/touch screen. I haven't received my pro yet, but if the RT is any indicator and the fact that I can install most X86 software leads me to believe that it is going to be great. It is BIG for a tablet, small for a laptop but it is something I can get comfortable with when I don't want to sit at my desk.

Not much of a technical review. I'll have a more informed opinion on the pro after I receive it and use it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Is this the surface 2 we're talking about here?

3. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Nope, I never buy the latest when it comes out the gate. I wait until at least a price drop or too. The pro I got used with all the accessories for $600, 128gb version.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You're right with that! to change to the V. 2, wait at least 6 month and see what the "world" will tell about it, beside of an price drop!

Interesting would be the real life (working) time of an fully charged battery. A friend of mine is complaining bout that! He's using his Pro for real and hard work as an Sales Agent. Very happy with the use but unhappy with Battery.

5. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    I almost always plug in with my laptop. We'll see how much tablet use this gets.

6. natostanco

natostanco MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2011
    Who is ever happy bout the battery?

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    On my Android Tablet I could use the battery for working between 12h-16h, depend without or with WiFi running. Screen brightness is down to 40% which is much enough. Battery has 8000mA!

And personally I wouldn't change to an RT! If I change, I'll go for an Pro, if the battery will last 5+hours for real working! And It would ne the v.2! Still has time for it!

8. hack

hack MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2009