Bought My First MAC

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mr Jinje, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    I went into a Mac store the other day, talked with this really hot chick sales girl.

Told her I wanted a top of the line dual octo-core setup with 24 GB a ram- No problem $3500, she says as she's bat's me with her eye, just let me ring that up for you. I was sold, had the computer at home, unpackaged it, booted up and tried to right-click Safari and F#&$.

Got scammed by the Apple, only a single button mouse. How genius are they.

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    I was taken by the "bats me with her eye" statement..:eek:

She only got one good eye???:p Sounds SEXY!!!

She was probaly taken with your rep as well....you crazy monkey...(o_O) :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bdearen

bdearen MDL Junior Member

Oct 3, 2009
    LOL I played with those POS mouse at best buy s**ts dumb LOL funny story though

4. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Yeah for $3500 you only get single button mouse. Good news is, you can probably use a non-apple mouse on the thing. But for $3500 you should not have to!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. azah

azah MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2009
    apples mice aren't amusing..
    they released a new one now, tho havent tried it

6. AStuff

AStuff MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2009
    It is a two button mouse, just not turned on for some stupid reason. Go to System Preferences - Mouse - It should show you a picture of your mouse. Make the right button "Secondary Button" and you're done.

7. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    :D maybe it was a joke, I mean $3500 and a single button mouse?

8. vistadude

vistadude MDL Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Lol, no such thing as a dual octo. Dual quad core is the best you can get, and to spend that much on a mac and not realize it's not a standard 2 button mouse ... :eek:

9. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    #9 burfadel, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
    Sad thing is, the price you put there as a joke doesn't even come close :)

I just went to the US store (I'm in Australia but went to the US store for arguments sake) and built a 'top of the range' cough computer for only:
    $5,651.85

Thats right, a bargain :)
    Ok, so that was being a little excessive on the side of the software, but still since the software listed is about the extent of what you can do on a Mac I thought it was fair.

The extra memory for a Mac is a joke:

(US Dollars)

DDR3-1066 isn't exactly the fastest memory out there, maybe in the naive minds of Mac users it is :)

Actually you could take Apple to court over false advertising on that, but then again Apple comes bundled with Safari, Itunes etc in Europe yet they get away with it whilst Windows with Internet Explorer and Windows Media player is no longer allowed.

Now thats where the money for the extra RAM etc is going, to pay off the European courts to keep penalising Microsoft. Mystery why Apples being made in China by workers paid a pittance costs so much solved :)

Oh, the reason why Apple mice only have one button is because two buttons is too confusing for most Apple users.

Windows can be cleaned to sparkle like new, Apples have a core that nobody can use and go rotten.

There's one good thing about a Mac, the off button :)

Safari, what an apt name for the browser. Just like a real Safari its use is fraught with danger, and just as you think you're safe from wild animals you get bitten by a mosquito and get Malaria.

I'm not having a go at Apple, afterall if it wasn't for the apple users...

10. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    That is foked up, paid $3500 for a computer and they give you a sh1tty mouse.

I do not see the fascination with macs, and this is one reason. Status symbol. Just think of the pc you could build for that price.

11. mamamia88

mamamia88 MDL Member

Dec 26, 2009
    in case you haven't read the first post i'm pretty sure it's flame bait

12. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
  13. thebulletfromhell

thebulletfromhell MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2010
    If you want a computer the size of a lcd, go for a mac. Otherwise build a pc and install Hackintosh into it

14. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    Ha ha funny story

15. dlkreations

dlkreations MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2010
    The post may be old, but the story is timeless. Nice!

16. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Bought my first Mac - a 27 inch Core i5 iMac - bought 8 GB extra ram for $120 on Ebay and installed it myself - same brand as already in there but less than a third of the price that Apple charge.

Best thing I ever did - I now have a super computer with a super 2560 X 1440 27 inch monitor for only a few hundred more than a Dell 30 inch monitor - pretty good value I reckon - my core i7 PC cost as much as the iMac a few years ago and didn't include a monitor.

Now I can run Windows 7 or Mac OSX natively with the only downside being the Seagate TB hard drive - when I get game enough I'll stick in an SSD boot drive for Windows - Mac OSX doesn't need it as it sleeps beautifully.

17. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009