Brand new laptop making weird noise help!!!!!

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by rinsa, Mar 9, 2011.

1. rinsa

rinsa MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2011
    I brought a new Toshiba satelite laptop a week ago and i started to notice a wierd clicking noise so i did some research on this and read up about the click of death. I started to watch videos of peoples laptops who had these symptoms but the clicking is a lot quiter and its not all the time. Its not even when the hard drive is being stressed it just comes out of the blue at random times. Anyway i downloaded HD Pro utility to look at the sectors of the hard disk i did a test on the individual blocks and there was nothing but in the health tab two warnings came up 1 of a bad sector and the other one saying it had fixed the bad sector but still clicking. Also i tested the sectors again after this and all fine. I was wondering if its ok to go in to the properties and then to tools and then check drive for errors and tick both options so sectors are checked and maybe fixed. I went on a site with instructions to do so but it said if you have a failing hard drive not to do this cause it could fail completely and id rather keep its life and replace or try getting a hard drive on warrenty cause its a brand new laptop thats whats annoying. So is it safe to do this fix? and is there anyway i can sort out bad sectors with out replacing the hard drive as its only 1 sector or is this just completely normal to make this noise under certain stress.

I Also know of my removable hard disk doing this when i virus scan it and move loads of files on to it and i checked that hard disk and it had 2 bad sectors is it bad to have bad sectors cause both do and worse thing would be back up drive failing.

2. cibomatto2002

cibomatto2002 MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2011
    Take it back to the store sounds like you got a lemon.

3. danny3456

danny3456 MDL Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Just don't bother, they owe you an answer as far as you are not satisfied with their product