Break gigabyte mobo with unnecessary bios mods, how do I recovered lol

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by ar_seven_am, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Well recently I keep my bios mods file in bootable usb, its for acer aspire 4240 if I'm not wrong (it's almost several month, I didn't erase that becuz I've to take care my child's in hospital). Today I need to copy data from the usb, so I plug in my usb stick into my pc at home, but suddenly the electricity down, about 2 hour I've to wait so I go outside for a while then suddenly the electricity back to normal, the light goes on, so I comeback to my room but then the story begin, my nephew who dont know anything turn on the pc, n the horrible thing it boot from usb stick (I forget to restore the boot setting into the hdd), offcourse the flashing bios process occurs, the bios corrupt n now when I turn on it blank, no boot screen, no displays, the mobo is Gigabyte GA-K8NS rev 2.0, so I read the recovery procedure, but it required floppy disk to copy the necessary files, I dont have one, so how do I recover my mobo? Does usb stick work too?

Note : Finally I break mobo with modded bios, nobody's perfect lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. ar_seven_am

Mar 7, 2010
    Thx urie, I dont know should I sad or smile, what I remembered before I flash with modded bios I always test the recovery procedure (to prevent failure) but now I don't want to flash this mobo but accident happen lol, the pc is old, it only used by my nephew to play games, now I see my nephew sad n he can't stop blaming his self n crying, I'll try n thx my friend!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ ar_seven_am, hope you manage to reflash it.

5. ar_seven_am

Mar 7, 2010
    Hmm, just curious, did flash895.exe is for ami bios right? GIGABYTE GA-K8NS is use award bios but when I extract the original bios files the flashing programs is ami bios, so what should I choose to rename the file, award or ami bios methode?

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    download original bios from gigabyte and se if the dos flasher is with it or read the instuctsions on gigabyte site for that model i looked for your bios to download it but there are various GA-K8NS motherboards i don't know what one your is.

7. ar_seven_am

Mar 7, 2010
    not working urie, duuuuuch, fortunately my experiment friends who work in technical repair computer had eprom programming machine, he ask me to bring it to his shop, he laughing me for this n said "U've success to mods my mobo in store with slics 2.1, but u've failed to recover ur own mobo even u dont mods the bios :p lol"