BRICK BIOS DELL XPS 12 9Q33

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by thenny71, Oct 11, 2020.

1. thenny71

thenny71 MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2020
    Good morning.

After reading these last few days a lot of posts about my problem (when I was updating the BIOS of my DELL XPS 12 laptop from the Dell website and when I was at 30% it stopped doing anything and died) I think the only solution is to desolder the chip the bios and put a new chip with the BIOS. I have found a store here in my country. That you send them the disassembled motherboard and they change the bios chip with the latest BIOS from the manufacturer and I think I'm going to do it like this. My question is: In my model you only have to change the BIOS chip to be able to start the computer or is there more than one CHIP because I have read that some models have two chips (BIOS and EC) and that you have to change them both? .

Thank you very much for your help.

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #2 kaljukass, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #4 kaljukass, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. thenny71

thenny71 MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2020
    "It is worth remembering that you must always update in chronological order, ie all URGENT updates in chronological order. This is a mandatory renewal order.
    You can skip the so-called Recommended Updates. They not mandatory."

This I think I did wrong. Because you get out of the bios that had the last one without going through the intermediate ones.