bricked Asrock mb with amitool_141

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by nijoel, Nov 11, 2009.

1. nijoel

nijoel MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2008
    Hello. I modified my bios awhile ago using Yen's easy AMI method with the green light indicator. That worked fine for both of my asrock AliveNf6g-vsta and AliveNfp-vsta boards. I wanted to add the slic2.1 using AndyP's amitool_141 in case I wanted to upgrade to win7 later on. The amitool indicated that the modification was successful. I used afudos that i downloaded from the asrock site and the modded bios. The flash process was complete with 0 errors and success message. Upon reboot, no bios screen/no visuals, keyboard led not lit, all usb devices which would light up during operation was not functioning. So my assumption is that I got a dead bios. I bought another bios chip. For the tool creators or the knowledgeable ones, can you help me figure out what went wrong? I still want to get the slic added but don't want another bios chip failure. If you need the original bios to work on, I can email to you. Its not available on asrock's site. The version I have is 1.55 which the engineers from asrock emailed to me so that the board can use AM3 cpu. I hope someone can help me figure out the problem. Thank you for your time.

2. wyrman

wyrman MDL Member

Nov 21, 2007
    #2 wyrman, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #3 911medic, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nijoel

nijoel MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2008
    I checked out that link. But my board isn't working. No POST, no beeps, no visuals, keyboard lights not lit. Only thing I hear is the fans and hd spinning. Bios replacement chip was $14. I hope that gets mb rolling again.

5. Ev1lM0nk3y

Ev1lM0nk3y MDL Senior Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Where did you get your replacement chip mate

6. nijoel

nijoel MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2008
  7. danny3456

danny3456 MDL Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Since you have a new bios, you can hot swap your bios to recover your dead one. Plug in you new bios to boot and then unplug it to be replaced by the dead one. Then re-flash your dead one with your last working bios version. This works for other mobo and hope it works for you too. After that you can use other methods to mod it again until you find a workable one.:cool: