Bricked Laptop aopen 1557/MS2141

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by standal, Mar 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. standal

standal MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2010
  2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    if you had a backup of original broken.. just maybe.
    i think the data can be trimmed on WPH file to make it bin.. been a while since ive seen so old bios.. 2005

3. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    Agree with LatinMcG...your "verify.bin" is exactly 512kB and the same as bios.wph (except for the trailing platform data). You should be able to write the entire "verify.bin" to the flash chip.

Worst case, just order a new flash chip and reprogram it.

4. standal

standal MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2010
    I have no original working dump. Only not working dump and original working WPH, which of first 512kB is now written in the chip.
    Yes my verify.bin is 512kB because the chip is 512kB so now is written on the chip verify.bin.
    I did not found any new chip to order, but the chip should be OK, because the data which are now written are the same as WPH.
    Just a question, is it OK to flash first 512kB of WPH to chip? Should it work? Can you tell me where begin the boot code? Because if the boot code will be allright, than should work also crysis disk. And do you know how should look the boot part of the code?

5. standal

standal MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2010
    As I wrote. The image which is now written is 100% compatible. With this BIOS I did recover over crysis disk some years ago. So there is no need to try another version. But anyway thanks.