Bricked Lenovo SL510

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by mymanmo, Dec 13, 2013.

1. mymanmo

mymanmo MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2013
    I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping someone can help, or direct me, in the right direction. I have a Lenovo SL510 laptop that I was performing an upgrade to the bios. I have done this many times before without a problem. This one stalled at "block 14" in the setup. I left it running for two hours without it finalizing. So, I know, I know, I powered it off and there ya go. Now it's bricked. I have searched the web and this site offered me the most encouragement. I work for a school district and I would like to educate myself in case this should ever happen again to me or any of our other tech's.
    I downloaded the crisis disk but have read so many variations on the procedure that I'm more confused than ever. I'm supposed to see a .wph file but there was none included in the bios download. Thank's in advance for any assistance.

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #2 LatinMcG, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  3. mymanmo

mymanmo MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2013
    Latin, thanks for responding. Just to verify. Forgive me for being uneducated in bios, but if I follow the link you provided with the bios file I should be able to unbrick the laptop?