Broken Tiles on 9879

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by okaussie, Nov 14, 2014.

1. okaussie

okaussie MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    I upgraded to 9879 yesterday. Everything went fine. no problems.

This morning, The only tiles that work are Sports, Desktop and Internet Explorer.
    Even the Windows Feedback tile does not work, as well as PC Settings and zPC Settings.

They also don't work under the applications on the next page of the Start Screen.

Tried the Windows Diagnostic that was used to fix the tile issue from Windows 8/8.1. Did not work.

So, the bottom line is can't report it through Windows Feedback. Hope there is an update to fix this. My Windows Update still works in the Control Panel, but does no good for checking for new Builds.

Any suggestions on how to fix this???

TIA

Bill

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    fresh install from the MS iso's. Upgrades fail too often in many areas.

3. Gungel

Gungel MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2010
    I had the exact same problem. Even OneDrive kept crashing upon initialization. I had to reinstall the preview from the ISO 9879 to get it back to work.

4. okaussie

okaussie MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    I am running the 32bit PRO and can only find the ISO for 64bit.

Was able to fix the Broken Tile issue by using the MS Fix It and Windows Update Fix for 8.1. Only the One Note and Accuweather won't install now..

I am now working on the PC Settings and zPC Settings and the Feedback issue. The commands on the second page of the Start Screen don't work either.

Anyone know when the ISO for PRO 32 bit will be available???

TIA

Bill

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010

MS made a statement that there wouldn't be another release until after the new year. You might consider going with Enterprise.

6. okaussie

okaussie MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    #6 okaussie, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    (OP)
    What are the differences between the two???

And can I just upgrade/install it right over this version ?????

TIA

Bill

7. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    The differences between Pro and Enterprise have been fully discussed elsewhere, regarding Windows 7 and Vista.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...