Broken Windows store - Windows 8.1 update 1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by beBoss, Mar 25, 2014.

1. beBoss

beBoss MDL Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Well, my store isn't opening. After starting the store is freezing on loading circle and nothing happening. I've tried three or four tricks to fix the problem and it's still not working. Well the problem with the store didn't come after update 1. To refresh or reinstall my windows isn't an option. What I tried:

1: Repair Corrupt Windows Files
    - sfc /scannow

2. Some different way to fix windows files
    - dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
    - dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    - sfc /scannow

3. Repair Windows Store
    - "Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\Repository\Packages"
    -Right click -> Packages key -> set Permissions
    - Advanced -> Owner -> change to System

4. fixing store
    - "powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml" in cmd

5. Clean Windows Store Cache
    - wsreset.exe

And that's what I've tried. But these things didn't help. If I create a new account the store is working, can somehow copy from the new account store app files to my account. I don't want to use a new account because of used settings, options, programs, paths and blabla. Everything else is working well, like apps and etc, only the store is broken.

If you know how to fix it, I will be very greateful and happy :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Just installed Update 1. Store works for me. (Not signed in, haven't used a MS account in this VM install)

Could try removing and recovering your account.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    What if you make a new local account as administrator, log in with that account, remove the stuffed account without deleteing your files & then re-create it.
    Maybe you can rename it instead of deleting it. I have never needed to do this but that's what I'd try.
    There's also the disabled administrator account you can enable. "net user administrator /active" from admin command prompt...