brother MFC printer says "No paper"....but only when printing from a special web app

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by itsmemario1, Sep 8, 2020.

1. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    I got quite a special phenomenon here, using Windows 10 and an USB attached brother MFC-8510DN.

The brother MFC-8510DN says "No paper" and beeps, but ONLY when printing from a special shop web site.
    (latest Firefox, with ublock + no script...already tried disabling ublock + noscript)

The printer works fine when printing from other websites and/or from other applications like Word or Paint.
    It never gives a "No paper" message when printing from other places.

There is already contact with the company that designed the web shop, but they claim they couldnt reproduce the phenomenon and advice to reinstall the printer / check the printer settings.

Could it be possible the web shop sends "incompatible data" when clicking print ?
    Could it be the printer, having a problem to understand the "print command" from the webshop ?

I mean, it says "No paper" :confused:

Anyone else experienced something like this before ?

2. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    Sounds like the issue is clearly with the web site never seen that issue before the only thing u can try is remove the printer completely and re-install it again and see if it resolves the issue, have u try printing form that site using another printer to see if u get the same error?

3. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    For now there is only 1 printer and it already got re-installed.

Quite "interesting", ya. I guess I'll have to bring in another printer then.