BSOD, BIOS not fully ACPI compliant, while trying to install WIN7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Heatblast42, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Heatblast42

Heatblast42 MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2018
    Hey all, i recently discovered the forum and i'm really happy for this since google never brings up such searches on first page.
    So let's get to the point.
    I've been trying to install windows 7 on this machine for quite long but i have been always stopped by this blue screen saying BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant, when the "starting windows" animation starts.
    Searched many forums and questions asked from affected users but no luck.
    Yesterday I used the Windows 7 image updater posted in this forum, to install drivers and stuff, but again no luck, had the same error.
    In the BIOS (which is AMI) i have options like "Legacy Support (enabled) , CSM (enabled) , Secure boot (disabled)" and no option concering UEFI except when i see boot devices sometimes it says UEFI: *my hdd* and one other that says " Launch EFI for file system"? (something like this).

PS: In rufus i have used options "MBR for BIOS or UEFI-CSM and NTFS" but it gives me the blue screen again.

(My laptop model is ASUS ROG GL553VD, Win 10 x64 right now
    It has a Kaby lake processor, 2 usb 3.0 and 1 usb 2.0 ports (if that matters), and the Motherboard model is:
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    Model GL553VD (U3E1).

Any help will be appreciated :)

2. Heatblast42

Heatblast42 MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2018
    Update 1; Got it working, couldn’t make a sufficient storage partition so I saved important stuff and formatted everything. installation almost completes, it asks for restart and when I get the “Starting Windows” half animation I get BSOD.
    Update 2; Tried everything from repair settings but nothing helps and when I try “safe mode with command prompt” it scans and stops when it says : Windows\system32\drivers\ahcix64s.sys and then I get BSOD again.
    Really need some help at this point, I don’t have a functional operating system and cannot do anything by myself.
    Any suggestions would be really helpful.

3. CEW

CEW MDL Senior Member

Jan 21, 2011
  4. Heatblast42

Heatblast42 MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2018
    It will be a good help if i manage to surpass that error im encountering.
    For now im gonna load win 10 again and experiment when i have the time.
    Thanks

5. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    That tool just puts the win 7 install.wim in the windows 10 iso to be able to boot usb3.x (when selected advanced installer).

7. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Heatblast42

Heatblast42 MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2018
    oh i thought that win 7 updater had everything u need to procede? i mean it is mentioned in the thread that it contains the drivers. Dont think i did 9 hours only to load win 7 into a win 10 installer.
    And also i installed everything from a usb 2.0 socket i have. Does that matter?
    Edit: Im talking about Atak Snajpera's tool, which is clearly saying that it contains usb drivers

9. Heatblast42

Heatblast42 MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2018
    Hmm dont remember what i checked, i had checked everything except "Shutdown PC when done".
    So what do you suggest? Do the whole operation with another tool that has only the USB 3.0 drivers?
    I just want to get over the BSOD error, and have my keyboard and mouse working, maybe even a LAN driver to make things easy with the rest drivers etc.
    But the Win 7 Image Updater was painful since it did 9 hours to ready up my iso.
    Thanks again for your help and your time :)

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It did take 9 hours because it probably serviced all existing sku's inside the install.wim.

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Can you check the USB3.x controller in device manager for this info:
    Code:
    Natively supported:
    Chipsets: from Intel 8-Series Chipsets up
    USB 3.0 Controller DeviceIDs: DEV_8C31, DEV_8CB1, DEV_8D31, DEV_9C31, DEV_9CB1, DEV_9D2F, DEV_A12F, DEV_A1AF, DEV_A22F, DEV_A2AF, DEV_0F35 and DEV_22B5.
    USB 3.1 Controller DeviceIDs: DEV_15B5, DEV_15B6, DEV_15C1, DEV_15DB and DEV_15D4

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Does your iso, created by the Image Updater contain this file: "metadata.xml"?

13. Heatblast42

Heatblast42 MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2018
    Hey again,
    can't really check anything now, after the disastrous win 7 trial i got win 10 iso from my neighbour pc and loaded up, so currently im on a fresh win 10 copy.
    I'll have to start everything from 0 now, but i really wanna do this right this time. Can you brief-up the procedure? Should i use win 7 image updater or its just a waste of time and resources?
    Thank you
    edit: the usb i used to install win 7 was formatted to be used to install win 10 again so i can't check for metadata and stuff

14. P.J

P.J MDL ☂

Jul 30, 2009
    How did you make it to work?

15. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    #16 John Sutherland, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    This may or may not help. On some Asus and Lenovo laptops, there is a BIOS setting labelled "OS Compatibility", usually found under the "Advanced" section. If it exists, make sure it's set to Windows 7, not Windows 8 (or 10). While you're poking around in there, check the following settings:

1.) Secure Boot is disabled.
    2.) Legacy/CSM mode is enabled (also meaning UEFI is disabled)
    3.) SATA controller set to AHCI (not compatibility or IDE)

After you save and exit BIOS, make sure that the hard disk's partition table is initialized as MBR, not GPT, then try to install. <<< Important: Check this first. The message you're getting about "Launch EFI for file system" seems to indicate a GPT partition table is present on the disk. Initialize the disk as MBR!

EDIT: If you'e using Rufus to create a bootable USB flash drive, make sure to select "MBR" for Partition Scheme, "BIOS (or UEFI-CSM)" for Target System, and "NTFS" for File System.

16. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    why answering to a post dated 1 year ago as OP did not give any infos since.

17. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    OMG! I've been duped by a necroposter! The shame, the shame! :kick:

18. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012