Bsod problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HWGXX7, Jul 20, 2012.

1. HWGXX7

HWGXX7 MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2012
    Hello,

I'am new on this forum. I looked for solutions to a problem that occurs. I did a fresh installation of Win 7, and used Windows Loader for activation. Everything went fine, but now I get Bsod because of driver issues. At the same HDD, I created a another partition with also an installation of Win7 wich isn't activated yet.

On this partition I don't get yet Bsod..

So is it possible that this Windows Loader Tool could cause this problems? I use AMD Radeon HD6570 graphic card with the (old) driver from the manufacter CD.

==================================================
    Dump File : 072012-15693-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 20/07/2012 11:49:48
    Bug Check String :
    Bug Check Code : 0xa0000001
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000005
    Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000000
    Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
    Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
    Caused By Driver : atikmdag.sys
    Caused By Address : atikmdag.sys+4d0e1
    File Description :
    Product Name :
    Company :
    File Version :
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+80640
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\072012-15693-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 4
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 7601
    Dump File Size : 276.040
    ==================================================

Thanks you for your time

Grzt

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  3. HWGXX7

HWGXX7 MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2012
    So it is possible that the Windows Loader I used (v2.1.2), causes this problems? I have been using also the most up to date driver (150.4 Mb) from ATI itself in combinaton with this Windows 7 activated configuration => also Bsod.

I went to my local pc shop to tell the problem (it's a new pc btw), and the guy installed this unactivated version Win7. I played Medal of Honour Alied Assault (old one :) ) with the manufactured driver and no problem yet with that configuration. So I assume this problems is purely related to the version (Win7) I use?

Where can I get Windows Loader 2.1.7?
    And what is the difference between the one I use?

Thank you, Sir!

4. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    Caused By Driver : atikmdag.sys

ati driver in cd is the issue.

7. HWGXX7

HWGXX7 MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2012
    Yes indeed, the driver file atikmdag.sys causes problems. But installing a latest version doens't seem to solve it (my case). But I conclude that it can't be the Windows Loader tool...So any more suggestions, because it's rather frustrating not be able using this fresh pc hardware.

Thank anyway for the effort!

8. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Maybe get a new video card? nVidia has always worked well for me.

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    test ram with bootable memtest
    install 7 x86 and retry

10. bludgard

bludgard MDL Member

Jan 4, 2011
    care to expound?
    what is this cd? CD/DVD & cgu gone amok?:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Dhawal

Dhawal MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2012
    HI !!!! HWGXX7 this may help you... BCZ i have same problem as your's you can try this>>

Follow the steps for Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX. To re-install your display card drivers as outlined in the DirectX link, use the following steps.

1. Download the latest driver for your display card(s)
    2. Click Start Menu
    3. Right Click My Computer/Computer
    4. Click Manage
    5. Click Device Manager from the list on the left
    6. Expand Display adapters
    7. Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)
      • Right click the adapter
      • Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
      • Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
    8. Restart your computer after uninstalling driver for all display cards
    9. Install the latest driver for the display cards once Windows starts

Alternatively:
    1. Login as an adminstrative user
    2. Download the latest drivers for your display card(s)
    3. Click Start Menu
    4. Click Control Panel
    5. Click Hardware and Sound
    6. Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
    7. Expand Display adapters
    8. Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)
      • Right click the adapter
      • Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
      • Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
    9. Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all display cards
    10. Install the latest driver for the display cards once Windows starts

The crash you are experiencing is also known to be caused by ZoneAlarm. Please remove the software, at least to test.

12. HWGXX7

HWGXX7 MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2012
    This is a brand new graphics card. I played on the good partition several games to let the GPU burn and no flaws there...So the hardware is good (I may suppose). Just did system scan and no problems there. Recently I the system also freezes without clear cause, just suddenly the OS hangs and I have to manualy reboot.

Never experienced this before. If this is caused only due to driver issues, how can I find the way atikmdag.sys causes problems and where it causes them? I'm running out of ideas actually and going 20 time to the pc shop and tell my story is rather lame.

Could you please explain what you meant?

Thank you!

13. HWGXX7

HWGXX7 MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2012

Well that isn't the problem actually, because don't have ZoneAlarm installed.. I'm at the point of trowing my pc out of the windowd f** windows crap.
    I did install (update) de drivers correctly: first unistall and delete the previous driver, reboot and than install the latest correct one. No difference at all.. If I tell my problem to the pc shop tech man, he looks like I'm crazy.

I use now a 5 year old pc to write this, because the crap I bought (900 bucks) doens't work properly with software I used on this pc...

Possible to install Linux or some other Open Source OS? I don't have any experience with it, are those compatible with latest hardware drivers?

Tajnk you!

14. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    are u using x86 or x64 ??
    try system restore to first boot . then do windows updates optional section.. ati drivers listed ??

15. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Trying to look at this from another perspective. What kind of power supply do you have? Did you build this PC? If so did you use the cheap power supply that came with a new computer case or did you buy a better quality power supply separately? Bad quality power can cause this, especially not enough amperage available on the +12V coming from the power supply.

Also, bad quality power coming from your electric company could also be a factor. I highly recommend to most people that they use an APC brand UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply). Doesn't even have to be a large one, but they'll help filter bad power from your electric company.

The power supply itself should be first priority, though.

16. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #16 PhaseDoubt, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
    Any computer part being "brand new" doesn't mean it can't fail or that it wasn't flawed straight out of the box.

Given you're seeing this message: Caused By Driver : atikmdag.sys, and the fact you have "900 bucks" invested, why not try a 20 buck nVidia video card and see what happens. Since you haven't indicated this is a laptop, I'd think the video card swap would be a no brainer.

If this is a desktop, and your main board has a built-in video card, pull your ATI card and see how it runs on the embedded one. If the ATI card is flawed, you have warranty recourse since it's "brand new".

Btw, my wife's computer is about six months old, all the rest i have are all over five years old. I don't see where using and old computer is a handicap.

17. HWGXX7

HWGXX7 MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2012
    Using an old one isn't a handicap at all, but I paid 900 bucks to get myself a configuration for wich I know will last couple of years.
    I cannot open the case myself because of warranty issue, did use the onboard graphics and no problem with them.

Point is that the OS that has being installed on the second partition in the computer pc shop is working good... I didn't paid 120 bucks for a Win7 installation because the OS I use is flawless on other configs, mine causes problem.

Power supply is 430 W, so no problem there I suppose. Technician build this config and did a good job with it, but when I install my Win7 x64 version I get problems...

I still believe this can't be a hardware issue because the other partition is working well so far..So this is purely driver related.

But I wille try another install with the latest AMD driver, no Windows Loader for 30 days. If this works well I 'know' the problem!

Thanks for advices.

18. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    I really don't mean any offense, but any technician who put the PC together yet didn't install the latest drivers and make sure it was reliable afterwards did not "do a good job." You shouldn't have had to install any drivers yourself.

19. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    that is nonsense does that mean if you want to upgrade you cannot open up the case you need to take it back to the shop for them to fit your new hardware or you tied to buying new hardware from them. You also say they installed windows 7 was the x86 if so get them to install x64 version.