BSOD running ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 6

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by JaguarXJ12, Sep 6, 2015.

1. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

Well so I finally took the leap installing Windows 10 on my gaming rig and I quite like it although there is some annoying quirks here and there which most of them I have solved.

However there is one thing that could jeopardize this whole migration and that is that ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 6 my favorite DVD/BD player BSOD every time I run it.

First off these are my specs:
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 LTSB
    i7 3770K at stock clock
    ASUS Radeon R290 at stock clock
    ASUS P8Z77 WS mobo
    16GB Corsair XMS DDR3

Everything regarding drivers is up to date and I got a blank Device Manager sheet with no issues or warnings.

I'm using the latest and last release of TotalMedia Theatre 6 and this BSOD message pops up every single time I run it:
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

It's driving me insane because I have also tried running it in all it's compatibility modes and it's still the same.

Don't know what else to do here. Anyone that knows anything about this or had the same problems?

Thanks in advance!

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Had you try to contact the developer of that apps? That would be my first choice!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @JaguarXJ12

You missed the point; that particular driver is part of the software package & made by ArcSoft. So there is a very little chance of getting any update of it.

6. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

Ooohh I see, well that's really bad then I guess.
    I'm gonna install Kodi and VLC right now!

7. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #9 Nucleus, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  8. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Strange how they dropped this program. I used to post on a video forum and TMT seemed to be well respected with many seeming to prefer it over similar stuff. Strange. :g:

:offtopic:

9. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    I did nothing special, installed, rebooted, registered and it ran. But as in the edit to my post it's no use cos' of BD playback strobing like crazy as in the link to the ArcSot forum thread. I also had instances of TM freezing up.

Apologies for my mis-leading post (why I spoilered it out), as you see I had only tried one BD at the time I posted. :eek:

Personally I won't be trying to resolve this as TMT was long since discontinued. I'll be on the lookout for a replacement for this great program, I don't want all the bloat of PowerDVD and if I recall VLC etc don't fully support BD, menus etc.

10. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

Well of all the movies I own I have only 1 single BluRay movie in my collection, the rest is DVDs (about 200 of them)

I have tried a trial of PowerDVD 15 and it's bloated as hell and that's a big turnoff. Kodi Isengard played my DVDs but I didn't like it very much because it wasn't really what I was looking for.

VLC seems to be the best candidate but unfortunately it didn't played my BluRay disc even with the necessary requirements, however for DVDs it's great.

I honestly don't know what to do here. One thing I guess I could do is to dualboot with Windows 8.1 Professional and make it explicit for TotalMedia Theatre 6 and have Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB as my gaming OS.

It's the only alternative I can come up with as I really really don't want to let go of my TMT license and it have worked perfectly for so long.

11. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #15 Nucleus, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  12. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    It's the only alternative I can come up with as I really really don't want to let go of my TMT license and it have worked perfectly for so long.

If you have an license why don't you contact support from them maybe they have an solution for you :tea:

13. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

Thanks for the tip!

I have to check it out just to make an own opinion about it, from the look of the screenshot it looks like a simple DVD/BD player that I'm after.
    It might not be TMT but if I can skip dualbooting I can live with it I guess but statements like "Best Free" and "100% Free" doesn't make me very confident but skeptic...

I will give it an honest go since I did a fresh install of Windows 10 again this morning. If it sucks I wasted a couple of hours and will go with the dualboot route again.

14. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

Well I'm back after testing Leawo Blu-ray Player out.

My first impressions is that's it's a nice sleek and clean DVD player that resembles TMT a lot which is great.
    It's definitely not bloated and that's a huge plus for me and after tinkering around with it's many settings I got my DVDs to play nicely.

As for the bad, not much really except I couldn't watch my Blu-ray movie because it needs to be online to get the keys and my gaming rig is 100% offline all the time.

For DVDs it suits my needs just fine and for a free software it ain't bad at all.

I think I'm gonna stick with this for the time being and I'm keeping my copy of TMT safe for a while. I'm also thinking of buying an actual BD/DVD combo player instead in the future and be gone with watching movies on my rig.

15. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

1. Bought an LG BP250 Blu-Ray/DVD player
    2. Reinstalled Windows 10 and use it explicitly for gaming
    3. Threw away both TMT and Leawo for good
    4. Done, complete...

16. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009