Buffer problem?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wahoospa, Dec 13, 2016.

1. wahoospa

wahoospa MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2012
    I have several hard drives that I swap in and out of my laptop. Two of the drives have Windows 7 Home Edition. The laptop is a i3 core 2.4Ghz, 6 gig of ram. I've done the usual disk cleanup, defrag, removing unwanted programs, scannow/sfc, there is no malware or any virus in the drives. Both drives are 3.0Gb/S 5400Rpm 8M. One drive outperforms the other in certain programs. What I have found that I could visually see is that, for instance, in a solitaire game, when turning cards or moving them around it seems that it doesn't buffer my key strokes. I thought this might be a video problem but the video drivers are the same drivers on both hard drives. Any body have this problem before?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Can you get the exact models so we can check them out and see if performance wise there is a significant difference between them?

3. wahoospa

wahoospa MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2012
    Hard drive that works excellent: HGST Z5K500-500 HTS545050A7E80. 500GB
    Hard drive that is the one I'm concerned about: Toshiba MK7575GSX. 750 GB
    I also have another hard drive with Windows 7 on it and will check it now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...