Bug in Windows Seven Build 7000

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by santoshcoolhere, Jan 4, 2009.

1. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Hey people i noticed a bug in Windows Seven Build 7000,had noticed similar irregular behavior in former builds too.The problem is quiet difficult to explain but i will put it in front of u in the best possible way...................here it goes

When we want to move a particular file or folder to the "My Documents" folder the thing we do is.......
    Right-Click the file/folder--->send to--->My Documents

Now the problem is I used this above mentioned option only once.But the files did not move to the 'My Documents' folder instead the above link i.e
    Right-Click the file/folder--->send to--->My Documents had disappeared.

So what i request u users is try sending any file/folder to My Documents folder using the above prescribed method and check whether that link appears next time u use it.
    If it does not appear then we can prove two things.
    1. That the BUG really exists
    2. Bill Gates is not good at programming.........:)

try once and post the results.

2. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    When I right click on files and use SEND TO - MyDocumets is not an option. Dragging and dropping works well though.

I am using build 7000 Home Premium.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
    no buddy i am not talking abt drag and drop.That option has disappeared and becoz there is a bug in windows 7.It might be a small issue but strong enough to crash the $ billions of dollars of Windows Seven market.

4. ihrg

ihrg MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2008
    You can add the "Documents" folder back, if you want to... and try again. All items under the "Send To" menu are located in this folder:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

5. Gyrxiur

Gyrxiur MDL Junior Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Another error

I found another error, which restarts Windows 7.
    Go to control panel > appearence and personalization > personalization > windows color > Advanced appearance settings > Set active title bar size to max and then try to set active window border to max, before you get to max value, system immediately restarts, interesting... I reported it to M$, did you report that bug with my documents?

6. smakked

smakked MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2008
    You do realise this is no where near a Final release and there are heaps of bugs?

Remember to report them aswell otherwise no use to anyone.

7. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    I have both 6956 and 7000 running here and neither have any problems with "Send To" -> Documents.

Remember that Windows 7 uses "Libaries" or Virtual folders to hold these files now and not real folders.
    So the file your "Sending To" doesn't move to the Documents folder, it adds a shortcut to the "Documents Libary"

8. zwaldowski

zwaldowski MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2009
    As long as I now have an account, I might as well post some too.

- If one disables their WinModem (for example, my laptop has a Motorola Softmodem), the Wireless Zero Configuration and Action Center won't start for up to five minutes after log in.
    - Approximately half the time when renaming (or entering a name for) icons on the desktop, the label takes on an Aero affect and is impossible to read. (If you don't know what "Aero" effect I'm talking about, it's like the Vista WMP11 Aero bug).
    - The "Desktop Slideshow" feature only loads the wallpaper it would need for the natural rotation in 24 hours (or in 4 rotations, not sure), even if in shuffle mode, so that the Right Click > Next Desktop Background Picture command only goes through those four rotations.

9. Drakie

Drakie MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2008
    Bugger, i was just about to report that :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. uyen_ng4n

uyen_ng4n MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2009
    Disk structure is corrupted...

Everything is okay for my Windows 7 build 7000 except "Disk structure is corrupted and unreadable." I still can install driver but cant install new programs or create any files and folders. I tried to run "chkdsk" check disk on Windows Xp (works on another partition) and it fixed the problem. However, the next time I boot in to Windows 7, the same error appeared.
    Has any one had the same problems?

11. Scann69

Scann69 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Oh ya....speaking of disk structure

I made 3 partitions in my 160GB Hdd. They are names "Windows Vista", "Storage" & "Windows 7"

When i load in Vista, i see all 3 drives in My Computer but in Windows 7, I can't see drive "Windows Vista".

Is this a security setting thing or?

12. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    That sound like you have a problem with the partition table your hard drive. :(

Thats a security setting :)
    You can assign your XP partition a drive letter in Computer Management -> Disk Management. ;)

13. hool

hool MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2009
    yes, i have the same problems! very annoying and it makes my windows 7 useless (

14. isosunrise

isosunrise MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2009
    no problem here

15. hool

hool MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2009
    of course except of the useless system on my computer and the fact that windows xp is still the best choice

16. drw81

drw81 MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2009
    If disk is corrupt sorry you will have to install it gain but first burn another copy of the iso file on to disk but at x4 speed. when installing windows 7 the second time tell it to format that partition before. I had this problem and by doing this i havent had any problems. Let win 7 find your drivers too.