Bug/Problem with File Explorer, Anyone else ?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Micro, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Micro

Micro MDL Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I do a lot of editing work in video, so I like to have as much info as possible about the video clips or edited parts as possible readily available.
    For at least the last 8 builds in the Dev Channel, the vertical and horizontal resolution columns (and sometimes the Length column) are blank in File Explorer for all videos, even though the data is listed in the file's properties (under Details) for the same video files.
    These columns used to work fine for any video file, now they are working for none.
    All the relevant data columns for audio files still work and show the correct info in File Explorer, so it seems to be only video files that are affected, not audio.

Just looking to see if this is a problem for everyone or just me.
    A Bug report has been filed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    This can't be a problem for everyone, because not everyone uses DEV versions. And even less people uses DEV versions to do the job(!).
    DEV versions have problems from time to time, it is absolutely normal...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Micro

Micro MDL Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Yes, I understand that. I have been testing Windows for almost 3 decades and have found the only way to truly debug a release is to "do the job". Simply browsing the net or reading emails doesn't really help that much to debug if Windows can't actually do the "work" it will be used for when released to the general public.;)
    That is why I mentioned I was using DEV versions, in this particular case 20257.1, to see if others using DEV versions had the same problem.
    (Perhaps I should have noted the release in the title of the posting or posted in the 20257 thread, my bad :oops:)
    Since this has occurred in both in both Mn and Fe releases without being fixed and had worked in prior releases, I just wanted input from others as to whether it was a development issue or if it was isolated to my PC and it's registry or configuration.