Building Dell ISO image update.... hash check

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sadsack, Feb 27, 2011.

1. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hi all,

Hi chaps, I have finally managed to d/l two images both have sp1, and both came with sha1 files....

but I decided to make my own hash files and not rely on the ones downloaded.

x64

The one that came with the download is this one : View attachment dl_en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_618240.zip

my one i created from the iso image is this one: View attachment en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_618240.iso.sha1.zip

x86

the one that came with the download is this one: View attachment dl_en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x86_dvd_619077.zip

my one i created from the iso image is this one: View attachment en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x86_dvd_619077.iso.sha1.zip

I understand that i will still need to introduce the OEM Dell info and this will I assume buggerup the hash check...

But I was just wondering if someone could please tell me from checking the hash files if these seem to be proper original untouched images.

Thanks chaps for all the help you have all given me with my noob questions......

ttfn

sadsack

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #2 urie, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
    I checked your x64 file hashes they are correct but I dont understand correct MSDN file hashes are posted all over this forum and yes adding dell $OEM$ forder will change the hashes but what difference does that make when you make the dvd yourself only you have tampered with it so you know it will be ok.

3. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Thanks for replying urie,

I was just looking for a reliable source of information, I haven't got a clue what hash files do, and I was just looking for a qualified answer.

I'm gonna just add the oem info you gave me a week or so back into the iso and hopefully all will be well.

I was also looking into integrating Microsoft Office 2010 ProPlus English 64bit "X16-32213.exe" into the iso as well, and I read on here an item about audit mode, or setupcomplete.cmd would you recommend any item in particular?.

thank you for your help & the confirmation of the images. (they came from usenet).

sadsack

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007