building my own Windows 7 AIO x86+x64 DVD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by predator77, Sep 11, 2011.

1. predator77

predator77 MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2011
    dear members,

i do hope that i am not breaking any rules by posting this thread, and i know there are a lot of stickies and threads on building AIO's, but i am a complete newbie on this and thought i would ask before i carry on in case i screw up sort of thing.

first off thanks to urie and tnctad for helping me to say that i can make an AIO and this is what i have progressed to so far.

i have been following a guide by DKane

and have so far followed it to the letter.

i have created my folders as stated but obviously mine is my folder structure is this
    E:AIO
    and within the AIO folder there are 2 subfolders called DVD and the other called WIMs. now i presume i have gone the right way about that.

so my next step was to extract the windows 7 x86 iso into the DVD folder and delete the .clg files and the ei.cfg file from the sources folder to which i have done.

then i moved the install.wim file to the WIMs folder and renamed it to ULTx86.wim.

then i extracted the install.wim from the x64 iso and placed it into the WIMs folder and renamed that to ULTx64.wim

and my last thing i done so far is to make a folder in my dvd called sourc64 and then extract the sources folder from x64 iso and delete install.wim and ei.cfg file from that folder. and then i put the setup.exe after i renamed it into the dvd folder as was stated to setup64.exe.

and so that is what i have done at the moment.

so my question is, in the sourc64 folder there are .cfg files which i deleted from the x32 sources folder, so do they have to be deleted in the sourc64 folder as well?? or do they remain. and also is there supposed to be two setup.exe files in the dvd folder?? any help would be most appreciated and to the moderators if i posted this in the wrong section please excuse my ignorance and kindly move it, but thanks for any help or suggestions to carry on with my AIO dvd :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ Tito not possible at the Moment

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Oops... I saw the new wallpaper & thought that download link is available!! :p

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    :p Yes everyone is awaiting alphawaves new version :D

6. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
    we need leak of A7toolkit :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. predator77

predator77 MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2011
    #7 predator77, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
    (OP)
    Tito, thanks you for your suggestion but as said it is unavailable at the moment, but i will delete all the .clg files from the sourc64 folder and carry on and see what happens next. and to the moderators, i hope that i will be allowed to answer any more questions that i need help on within this thread ?? ... yes :worthy:

this was my next stage to do- i then built my WIMs file which is now this size 4.70 GB,

update on my building of my AIO Windows 7 DVD

i have built my Wims File and as i stated my size is 4.70 GIG, so i presume that i done everything to plan.

now my next step is to modify the bcd. so i have opened up a command prompt as administrator and typed in E:\AIO\DVD and then typed this in to the command prompt as instructed but obviously changed the D to E.

bcdedit /store boot\bcd /copy {default} /E "x64 Recovery Mode" but unfortunately had this message come up to me

E:\AIO\DVD> bcdedit /store boot\bcd /copy {default} /E "x64 Recovery Mode"
    A description for the new entry must be specified.
    Run "bcdedit /?" for command line assistance.
    The parameter is incorrect.

any help please on this would be most appreciated , and thank you :)