Built in Administrator in a Domain Controller

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by nechrist, Mar 24, 2018.

1. nechrist

nechrist MDL Guide Pack

Apr 24, 2010
    Hello there guys. I have a question: i'm doing some test with windows server 2016 and the active directory service. After the installation of AD service role and promoted the server to a domain controller i can login without problems with the builtin administrator account but that account seems to doesn't have the privilege to do other things like, for example, personalization. I already configured the restricted group in the GPO but it doesn't work with the administrator account while it's working for new users which are not the built in administrator. So the question is: is there any way to grant to the built in administrator of the domain controller the local admin rights or i'm forced to create a new user? I hope i've explained it clearly. Thank you!

2. jycaisg

jycaisg MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
    you need install user interfaces and infrastructure , under --server manager -- features -- user interfaces and infrastructure
    upload_2018-4-6_10-7-40.png

3. nechrist

nechrist MDL Guide Pack

Apr 24, 2010
    I have checked but i don't have this option in my features list. I have windows server 2016 standard installed

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    And why would you bother or care about personalization for administrator account?
    It surely is not the account that you are going to be using for anything!

5. cocotus.interruptus

cocotus.interruptus MDL Junior Member

Sep 8, 2014