BuiltIn Admin account corrupted in Win 7 !??

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by drazenj, Oct 15, 2013.

1. drazenj

drazenj MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    Hi everyone
    :confused:
    I did some trial upgrade for KIS 2013 ,and probably some Win 7 updates simultaneously ,and somehow CORRUPT the built in ADMIN account in Win 7 Ultimate x86 with this error ,when I tried to return back my original settings to default :

"Local Users and Groups :

The folowing error occured while attempting to read the properties for the user Administrator:

The group name could not be found." !!!

Also to my another "POwer Users" account the same error !!!
    I did try System Restore to previous point but NO succes .o_O

Cause I'm not a Win Registry "expert" , I hope that someone know HOW to return BACK Original-DEfault settings for the built In ADMIN account without reInstall new Windows 7 partition !!!

THANKS !!! :)

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Maybe a system image you can restore?

3. drazenj

drazenj MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    ??

I don't know what is and where is the system image !???
    Isn't it the System restore ??
    If You mean a previous Windows Image made by Acronis or Norton Ghost ,I have not any ! :(

4. ImDWreck

ImDWreck MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2013
    I recommend trying to take ownership of whatever is saying it’s meant for Admins, more info here (Never mind I can't post links because I'm a noob apparently). If you have no success then attempt to go into CMD and run a SFC Scan, "SFC /SCANNOW".

If you can't login to Windows then try booting Windows in Safe Mode with Networking and see if you can access CMD. If not you will need Microsoft's Diagnostic and Recovery Toolset which can conveniently be found here (Nevermind again, I can't post links because I'm a noob apparently). You will then need to install it on another PC and create a Windows PE Recovery Disk. Then you can boot into a PE and use networking to access CMD and run an SFC Scan. You need to be online to run a SFC Scan so make sure you are.

Sorry for not being able to post the links maybe someone with “The Power” can do it for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
  6. drazenj

drazenj MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    :) Thank You Guys !!!
    I'll try it ,as You suggest .