by using my email address some one send me an email to same address

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by tester2, Mar 23, 2013.

1. tester2

tester2 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2010
    hi guys,

i need your help, i got my yahoo account & i am using firefox18. I know my strong password every thing. buy my problem is here, some one sending email by using my same email to me on same email for example abcd@yahoo is my email address.

so some one using this email address abcd@yahoo from his pc & sending to me at this email abcd@yahoo that i can ckeck in my SPAM folder.

so usually i go to my SPAM folder & get the persons email & i put in the blocker list, sothat he should not send me an email next time.

but this time i am not success to block this email abcd@yahoo, because this is my email address, how i can block.

So i like to know with you guy having lot of experience,
    1)-How to stop this person by using my email address. and may be he is using my email address to send other peoples junk email by my name ?
    2)-Which SPAM blocker program i have to install on my PC, so that it can BLOCK SPAM & not get that emails in my email address ?

My problem is here, i can't close this email address account, because many contacks having this email address from last many years.

Hopefully waiting for your help.

Thanks

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #2 urie, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    You can just setup another email address and export your contact list in yahoo mail.

3. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Change password.... Are you sure that sender ID is same as yours ?

4. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    agreed. definitely change password, and yeah look really close at ID, and contact Yahoo for assistance if changing the password isn't helping.

5. tester2

tester2 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2010
    hi guys, i already change my password.

but i am still worry about how it is possible he can send me emails by my same email address & that goes to SPAM FOLDER.

and i keep on read each & every single letter itshows same email address , there isno diffrence in that email address all same letters.

6. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    I think you are just looking at mail display name. Go ahead open that mail & check sender mail ID... Sending Spam mail with same looking display name is very common...

7. noncentz705

noncentz705 MDL Junior Member

Oct 15, 2012
    the sender can send emails from your address without compromising your account. In this case i'd probly assume someone's sending out an email by php and using ur address as the sender..

8. tester2

tester2 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2010
    how to add a signature to my emails, if any body sending me emails then he has to type letters etc, i got yahoo account.

thanks

9. tester2

tester2 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2010
    hi gys thanks for your replies,

i notice when i reply to other peoples then i have to enter a string of characters or capichono like "4WhLm" etc, then i can send the email successfully.

so the same way how i can do this string capichono, the sender to me has to type a string "K8hPq" etc, so what i have to do, for asking his to type string before he send me an email.

please let me know this procedure, where i have to go to do in my email account settings.

thanks

10. =)(=

=)(= Guest

I used to do something similar many years ago when it was possible to run a SMTP server at home. I downloaded some software that allowed you to send mail using any email address you wish.

A friend of mine had mail address "john (at) mail dot com" for example. I wrote his address as sender address and then I wrote a nasty message and sent it to another friend, and 2 days later I hear him saying "I got banned from using school internet for 2 weeks because your other friend reported me to admin and showed an email message where I wrote nasty stuff but I did not write anything, I swear".

That was fun times.

I assume it is a similar method in this case.

11. 3WAS

3WAS MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2013
    I have had 2 of my yahoo emails hacked. The only time I use their email is to sign up for things.