Bypass Modern UI (sign-in like Windows Server 2012)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by KNARZ, Oct 31, 2012.

1. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    #1 KNARZ, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  2. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    #2 Josh Cell, Oct 31, 2012
    Bypass Modern UI app is really a bad and broken way to skip the feature.

Is confirmed, it bricks the activation system and can remains unactivated because core changes..

My advice: Skip it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #3 moderate, Oct 31, 2012
    Currently the major issue is, that new version v065 (probably) uses separate settings, so when there it is hack already installed by v06, it suggests to install it again instead displaying Uninstall/Restore.

Which "core file " has changed? There is no such, so don't talk rubbish and keep your advices for yourself... :)
    It just rebuilds tokens, which of course CAN be successfully used for activation after the hack is applied.

I tested the solution on 5 computers and I can confirm:
    1. It works flawlessly...
    2. The activation will be performed successfully after the hack is applied...
    3. It is only solution, what brings native way to start the desktop...
    4. No system files like EXEs and DLLs are changed...
    5. No scheduled tasks or special carriers (services...) are required...

Current tokens on W8 are built with option, which is set to load Metro...
    ...so this solution just rebuild them with this option not used...
    ...of course Windows 8 will notice that the tokens has changed, so you will have to activate the OS again, but that are 30 seconds...
    On KMS machines (aka pirated ones), you will not loose activation...
    On the retail ones, you have legal OS (no activation hack has been made so far), so you have calmly activate again by running slui.exe and just click Activate.
    Have you pirated MAK? Your problem, try to buy it next time... :)

BTW: On fresh installations use it in this order:
    1. Apply the solution (rebuild the tokens)
    2. Activate Windows 8

With that Tithy's solution, you will get Start Button, what is unpleasant for me, as I only need to skip Metro at boot.
    And that solution foists the custom made dll instead the MS original one, which is called at start, so it is (according me) the bigger hit than just rebuilding tokens, which are BTW designed to be rebuilt easily.

4. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    This is known. It's only recommended for new users / virgin Systems.
    Nothing on the base routine has changed only added the Force Mode because of reported restart problems.

5. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    I'm a Software Developer with many experience with desktop applications, and I can say that this application is a high risk level to the Operating System..

What's the reason to rebuild my activation files? I authorized to change my activation system?

Clean applications never will be touch on these files for simply 'skip' an Windows feature. It's logical and make 'useless' changes on the system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Sorry, but I'm on the forum, and I can express my opinion as any member. :)

7. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    Exactly and I respect your opinion, but maybe I can convince you.

8. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #9 moderate, Oct 31, 2012
    Well, it is done only once, just after the install, 5-10 minutes from time, what original tokens are created...
    ...it does very clean mod omitting only one option from original sources, the option actually, what user wants to change...
    ...then you will not touch it for the system life-time.

mmmmm...
    ...I don't respect his "opinion", because he didn't prove, that OS with such rebuilt tokens will have problems with activation.
    And without this, it is just babbling...

9. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
  10. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    #11 KNARZ, Oct 31, 2012
    (OP)
    Reason: cleanest visual experience.
    I think I do a very good job to inform people what the risks and also alternatives are.
    Therefore I manage it central over my blog.

11. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    That such test with the Windows 8 with Media Center?

The application has been deactivated my system after the restart.. I can't understand your view point. If you are not open to criticism only regret.

12. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    I think I know what you want to say and you may also already know what my POV is, but as I already mentioned: It's all (detailed) documented and described since the initial release. It's best to use the program before activation. Restore option is also available - just in case.
    I would totaly agree with you if no documentation is available but it all is and the imporant parts are highlighted in many ways.

I also would appreciate if you develop a fix like Thiniy wants to and also feels the same like mine than we would have a nice soft way. (some kind of dll hook)

13. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    I think you probably can make a similar app or to expand this one to enable XP mode in Win8.

14. life

life MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2012
    @ Josh cell
    Basically whats the reason to Pass/Skip the Metro UI, I really Like WINDOWS 8 New Interface...

Josh tell me is it Safe to Download & Install WINDOWS 8 Pro-WZT Version ?? any Suggestion about MSDN ?

15. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    Unfortunatly not. If you read the 'skip metro' thread and the blog, I describe / confirm what the tool does.
    It only works because the os want to load into desktop, not into modern / metro ui.

I found a way to change systempolicies but it seems that i'm not allowed to post here (hacktiviation or something).
    And this methode is pretty annoying as at least it all has to be done by hand for every system.

16. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    1. In Win7 install both XP Mode and VMware Workstation.
    2. Then in the VMware select File menu and option Import XP Mode VM
    3. Run VM imported to VMware and uninstall "Virtual PC integration services" within VM and install "VMware Additions" instead, then close VM.
    4. Copy VMware imported machine to safe place, install W8 and VMware, then attach VM to your VMware under W8.

Piece of cake, isn't it?
    :D

17. ALeXTheGreaT

ALeXTheGreaT MDL Junior Member

Nov 20, 2009
    #18 ALeXTheGreaT, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    So... What now? I admit it worked normally, the desktop starts natively and my activation didn't break.

I tried "restore" now and nothing happened. I did a restart, but it only managed to grey-out the "Uninstall" and "Restore" options. I pressed Install again. Now should I try "Uninstall" in order everything to be as it was?

Nice, neither Uninstall works. pff. At least the system remains activated.

18. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    It clearly says it need 2 restarts (normaly) I also can take 3 to 4. This is some event I can't trigger but normaly is done after the second restart.
    Just wait some additional restarts.

Restore = Old state (anything it was before)
    Uninstall = Permanet uninstall. I describe it all in the confirm box.

19. ALeXTheGreaT

ALeXTheGreaT MDL Junior Member

Nov 20, 2009
    #20 ALeXTheGreaT, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    Sorry, it worked... Indeed! Thanks!

I also have Restore Disabled in Windows. I didn't know the option in your program was related to system restore.

Reinstalled again.