bypass welcome screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by zikmoshe, Feb 10, 2009.

1. zikmoshe

zikmoshe MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2008
    How log directly to the user without going through any screen?
    (Win xp)

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #2 urie, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  3. foxhunter

foxhunter MDL Member

Feb 6, 2009
    If your user has a password, you have to use the above linked tweakUI to set the auto logon option.

4. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Auto Logon

1. Click START>RUN> type - regedit - >OK.

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

3. Double-click - DefaultUserName - entry, type your user name>OK.

4.Double-click - DefaultPassword - entry, type your password under the value data box>OK.

NOTE: If there is no DefaultPassword value

1. Click EDIT>NEW>STRING VALUE.

2. Type - DefaultPassword ->ENTER.

3. Double-click the newly created key, and then type your password in the Value Data box.

4. If no DefaultPassword string is specified, Windows XP automatically changes the value of the AutoAdminLogon registry key from 1 (true) to 0 (false) to turn off the AutoAdminLogon feature.

5. Double-click the AutoAdminLogon entry, type 1 in the Value Data box, and then click OK.

If there is no AutoAdminLogon entry, create the entry:

1. Click EDIT>NEW>STRING VALUE.

2. Type - AutoAdminLogon - as the value name>ENTER.

3. Double-click the newly created key, and then type - 1 - in the Value Data box.

4. Close the Registry Editor>START>RESTART.

This gives you an idea of what is going on and how to make future changes if you desire. If you do not understand these directions post back.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. foxhunter

foxhunter MDL Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Or use tweakUI, because the tool does exactly the same ;)

6. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    #6 HMonk, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
    Knowledge, not nescience

My apologies for piquing anyone's sensibilities; that was not my intention.

I suffer from taking pride in apprehending the etiology of the issues that routinely present in the personal computing environment; indeed, in all of life's issues by which I am confronted. The conjunction of a dauntless pursuit of excellence and the application of empirical data assimilated as a consequence of conscientious travail, for me, militates against robotic and instinctive behaviors which are characteristic of assembly plants and bovine habitats. A natural extension of my pride is evidenced by my proclivity to share my knowledge, skills, and abilities and, within the realm of MyDigital, my posts generally reflect that bent; I would rather educate than automate!

I am not surprised that the practical reality attendant to the solution I offered would be, otherwise, impalpable, to wit: unless one types wearing mittens and listening to Lil Wayne, it engenders speed, accuracy, and knowledge. Compare:

1. Follow my concise directions and gain a little knowledge and understanding about registry editing;

OR

2. Copy/paste a link in a new browser window/tab; navigate to the TUI page; find the DL link; click the DL link and select where it is to be saved; wait while the DL proceeds; navigate to where the prog was saved; run the installer; find the installed prog (TUI does not create a DT/QL shortcut icon); launch the prog; search through the tree to find the appropriate branch; locate and execute the tweak; learn absolutely nothing about what happened, where it happened, or why it happened.

Facilius per partes in cognitionem totius adducimur.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. zikmoshe

zikmoshe MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2008
    Thank you all

8. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    You are welcome

I am pleased if, in any way, I have made a positive contribution to your PC experience.

Monk