[C#] VAMT Reflection Help

Discussion in 'Mixed Languages' started by CODYQX4, Sep 25, 2011.

1. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #1 CODYQX4, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    OK, I've looked into VAMTrt.dll, and saw how to send a MAK for remaining count check. However, I want to do this via reflection on the DLL.

The Program.cs code if you have VAMTrt.dll code is:
    Code:
                // Create a new ProductKey structure
                ProductKey MAK = new ProductKey();
                MAK.Value = "XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"; // This is some MAK for Project Standard
                MAK.Id = "XXXXX-XXXXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XX-XXXX-XXXX.XXXX-XXXXXXX1"; // This is its PID.

// Create a new instance of the background worker
                AcquireRemainingActivationCountWorker getInfo = new AcquireRemainingActivationCountWorker();

// Add the MAK to a Product key collection and send it to the worker to be processed
                Collection<ProductKey> argument = new Collection<ProductKey>();
                argument.Add(MAK);
                getInfo.RunWorkerSync(argument);

// Spit out the results
                Console.WriteLine("Key:" + argument[0].Value);
                Console.WriteLine("Count:" + argument[0].RemainingActivationCount);
    How can I achieve this by using reflection on the DLL? Thing to keep in mind is ProductKey is a type defined in the DLL.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #2 CODYQX4, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    In case anyone want to know this, if you want to test MAK activation count, then add that VAMTrt.dll as a reference and use the following code to call the right function.

Code:
    using Microsoft.SoftwareLicensing.Vamt;
    using System.Collections.ObjectModel;
    namespace VAMT
    {
        public static class GetRemainingActivationCount
        {
            public static int GetRemainingActivations(string PID)
            {
                return GetRemainingActivations(PID, "XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX");
            }
            public static int GetRemainingActivations(string PID, string Key)
            {
                // Create a new ProductKey structure to
                ProductKey MAK = new ProductKey {Value = Key, Id = PID};

// Create a new instance of the background worker
                AcquireRemainingActivationCountWorker getInfo = new AcquireRemainingActivationCountWorker();

// Add the MAK to a Product key collection and send it to the worker to be processed
                Collection<ProductKey> argument = new Collection<ProductKey> {MAK};
                getInfo.RunWorkerSync(argument);

// return the results
                return argument[0].RemainingActivationCount;
            }
        }
    }

You use this in a PIDX check, and pass the PID got from that check. If you notice, you don't need the key, only the PID, so I allow only sending the PID. VAMT wants the key set to something though, so I set it to all XXXXX, and set the PID to whatever you got in the check.

I call it like this
    Code:

try
    {
         int RemainingUses = VAMT.GetRemainingActivationCount.GetRemainingActivations(pid);
         if (RemainingUses == -2)
         {
              output += Environment.NewLine + "Remaining Activation Count: 0 (Blocked)";
         }
         else
         {
              output += Environment.NewLine + "Remaining Activation Count: " + RemainingUses;
         }
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {
         output += Environment.NewLine + "Remaining Activation Count: Couldn't determine due to error: " + ex.Message;
    }
    PS: You'll have to include that DLL with your app.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    I use SmartAssembly to merge all my .NET Dlls, but this doesn't work on VAMTrt.dll.

What I do to not have the DLL is add it as a reference, disable copying VAMTrt.dll to output directory, and then use the method described on this site to make the program get this DLL from a resource file

http://blog.magenic.com/blogs/brante/archive/2008/04/14/Embedded-Assembly-Linker.aspx

Basically, I create a Resource file called Assemblies.resx, then add VAMTrt as a file, then add that code, which gets the DLL from resources instead of a file.