Cached Memory keeps on increasing...Is it normal?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by getsuga369, Sep 10, 2015.

1. getsuga369

getsuga369 MDL Junior Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Guys my cached memory starts from 800mb to keeps on increasing to about 4.5Gb in no less than 2 hours of usage...which is visible in Task Manager.
    Right now it is currently at 3.1GB... I have closed all the application to check whether there is any change in RAM usage but it not helps even if i sum up memory from all processes in task manager it isn't equal to the memory used.

Here is the screenshot

Screenshot (8).png

So is this normal or should i clean install windows 10..by the way I am on latest insider build.
    Is this the memory compression that introduced in this build?
    Can anyone enlighten me?

2. Sakuya

Sakuya MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    ram.PNG Oh that's completely normal, I got 26gb cached...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    The reason you have memory is so it's used. The system would be faster it it used every last drop you have, then when it needs to it swaps out to handle any new software you run. The entire idea is to fill it with what the system needs and what you use most.

Still amazes me that people think that memory shouldn't be used when it's the only reason it's there, is so the system can get data from memory instead of off the disk.

4. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    this ammount of memory is normal but is that any way to disable it or clean it, without scripts or freak things?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Turn PC off.

6. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014

must be all the spy ware that MS is dumping on u;)