Can Anybody help with $Recycle.Bin

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bijusebsa, May 1, 2010.

1. bijusebsa

bijusebsa MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2010
    Friends

I have multiple viruses in the folder $Recycle.Bin. How do I locate the folder , open and remove the viruses .\
    Can I replace it with a new folder instead

2. ioniancat21

ioniancat21 MDL Member

Apr 27, 2008
    There are ways................

- You could open the Recycle Bin using the path C:\$Recycle.Bin. Once there, you should notice a couple of files names Recycle Bin inside. Sort by date order and delete all except the newest date as that one will fail if you try to remove it. You could also attempt to use CCleaner to remove it possibly. Worst case, you could boot with a Windows recovery disk if you have Vista or 7 or use a BartPE CD if you use XP. Boot the disk and open your desired drive and delete the Recycle Bin. Without Windows running, this should be easy as no files are locked from deletion. This would also provide you the opportunity to run a virus scan offline, which may fix your virus problems better. As an afterthought, Combofix is excellent in cleaning XP machines of virus.

3. davidmorgen19

davidmorgen19 MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    Install any antivirus who supports boot scan because when windows is ruining at that time virus also working.
    And you delete the virus then it will gunter its copy automatically.

4. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    When booting from a PE cd, like DaRT you should be able to delete the complete $Recycle.Bin folder without issues... it then is automatically re-created after reboot

[EDIT]
    Oopss... ioniancat21 already wrote something similar