Can anyone help me flashing the bIOS on gateway NV51B19u? Dunno wat to name file

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by jason9922, Feb 23, 2013.

1. jason9922

jason9922 MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2012
    Can anyone throw me some mercy and give me a hand. I have the whole procedure down with my Gateway NV51B19u notebook. The power went out in the middle of a BIOS update and now it turns on and does nothing, needs the bios flashed. I can get it to read the USB flash drive following the procedure, I think I just haven't figured out what to name the file so
    insyde accepts it. Any help would be truly appreciated. I just put $200 into this notebook and it looks brand new.

2. 35rem

35rem MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2013
    where was the battery?

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    BIOS.fd .. take power cord out.. insert usb. hold Fn ESC keys WHILE plugging in power cord.. now press power button
    (still holding Fn ESC).. after 10 seconds of powered on, let go of Fn ESC
    now it should flash. (if bootblock is not corrupt)

4. jason9922

jason9922 MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2012
    BIOS.FD? So I re-name the file BIOS.FD? The rest of the procedure I know, what I don't know is what your supposed to re-name the BIOS file after you download it. I've read many places thats pretty much the trick, getting the file name right. I guess I could have read a lot of wrong answers but idk, I'll give what you said a try exactly.
    The Battery? The battery wasn't in it. I don't keep the battery in it becaue it adds a bunch of weight to the laptop when your trying to lay down and use it. Now I am paying for that.... IDK if bootblock is corrupt, I'll try... let ya guys know.