Can anyone help me get windows 10 installed

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by robmadden1, Jul 30, 2015.

1. robmadden1

robmadden1 MDL Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I keep trying to upgrade to windows 10 and it just does nothing but fail every single time and I dont know why. Microsoft will not give me any help and I am out of options to get it installed. I have no way of making any type of usb or dvd to do a clean install. I want to jst upgrade my main pc but microsoft is refusing to help me when its failing and they keep giving me the run around about how an automatic install of 10 will not fail and it did and now I can't install 10 without any help.

2. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    No one can help if you post what you did and left, we don't know OS, OEM or Retail, Windows Insider or not, we know nothing so please if you want help tell us what you have and what you are trying to do.:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TrustMe

TrustMe MDL Member

May 2, 2013
    I was going to suggest downloading the Windows 10 RTM and try upgrading from that, but if you can't make a usb or dvd I guess your out of luck. I used thr RTM to do my upgrades. I read on here to start the upgrade from the desktop. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

4. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013
    Use Windows Media Creation Tool to download the iso file that you require.
    Then run Windows 10 setup.exe from inside your running version of Windows. Remember it has to be a legit activated Windows.
    Windows 10 will install and activate if you are connected to the internet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Yes, do this...sounds like you have a bad download.

6. weberman

weberman MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2010
    #6 weberman, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    Make sure you have a clean computer. By that I mean Viruses, Trojans, Spyware, Registry errors, etc. Make sure your Virus program is turned off. If the also fails go to the start menu and type in MSCONFIG. Right click on the msconfig.exe file that is brought up and click on the click on RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. There are the three check boxes, select the diagnostic box and save. Reboot your computer and try the Win 10 setup again.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

WEB

Also as the previous post stated, that was not there when I started typing, you might try another download to make sure your Installation file is not corrupt.

Also are you doing an online install or a disk install. Online installs are easy to fail. Also what version of Windows are you running. I assume you have a DVD burner if this is a computer and Windows has a built in ISO burner. So download an ISO file and at the end of the download, if from Microsoft, a window will popup asking if you want to burn the ISO file to a DVD.

ALSO ADVICE IS ONLY WORTH WHAT YOU PAY FOR IT WITH NO GUARANTEES!