Can anyone make a GUI tool for RecImg.exe??

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by secretromeo, Aug 20, 2012.

1. secretromeo

secretromeo MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    Can anyone make a GUI tool for the Windows 8 RecImg.exe utility used for making custom refresh images??

2. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CuteBirdy

CuteBirdy MDL Junior Member

Aug 17, 2012
    No reviews, how do we know it's safe or any good??

4. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    maybe...by trying it?

5. CuteBirdy

Aug 17, 2012
    Someone please try it and report back :) I am not confident of my review skills because I am still a MDL Novice...

6. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    It works 100% ok, no worries! :eek:

7. labsdj

labsdj MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2008
    this tool make backup of our activation by phone ? or any tool backups the activation by phone trick?

8. amors

amors MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2011
    Works wonderful

9. lunario

lunario MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2012
  10. roirraW "edor" ehT

Sep 1, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    and if The rode Warrior says it you know it's true.

12. CuteBirdy

Aug 17, 2012
    How is this better than the stock Windows 8 system imager, "Windows 7 File Recovery"?

13. roirraW "edor" ehT

Sep 1, 2007
    For details you'd have to research, but for practical purposes as far as I'm concerned: Windows 7's (including the one with 8) backup program has never worked reliably for me for very long, when at all. I'm just giving my experience, which has been on many PCs, both ones I've personally built and OEMs, and including under Windows 8 Enterprise x64 RTM just the other day - 7's backup program inexplicably fails either immediately or part-way through the backup with one obscure error code or another, and which looking up the error code produces no insight as to what I have to do to correct it.

So far, run just once on a desktop and twice on a laptop, recimg through this GUI hasn't failed for me at all, so in my mind it's more robust, but I believe there are other advantages too such as being able to use Windows 8's "Refresh" feature to restore ANY of these recimg backups WITHOUT overwriting your personal user files!!! I have not attempted to Refresh using any of my self-made recimg backups or the original untouched default Windows 8 Refresh backup point that's already made after you install Windows 8.

14. CuteBirdy

Aug 17, 2012
    I decided to give this GUI software a shot, but, it is not working! I get to "step 3: writing image to disk" and it is STUCK at 1%. Tried twice, happened again. Any idea how to fix this to work? (I set the backup folder to be on the same drive as the system)

15. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult MDL Novice

May 3, 2008
    How long did you wait? For me, recimg stays at 1% for a few minutes before it starts progressing...

16. CuteBirdy

Aug 17, 2012
    I waited for 10 minutes, nothing happened, I even watched the backup folder to see if anything was being written to it and there was nothing...

I did see my hard drive flashing a lot though, only thing running was RecImg, not sure what it was doing.

17. roirraW "edor" ehT

Sep 1, 2007
    You should give it longer. The FIRST time I ran it, it stayed at 1% for a while, but just a little while ago I don't think it stayed as long. Didn't bother watching it, though, since I had other stuff I wanted to do on the PC while it was doing it's job. It let me know when it was finished and that it was successful.

18. jazzar

jazzar MDL Junior Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Im going to use paragon backup for windows 8, paragon engineers are professional and reliable, ill edit my post after using them.