Can Bios mods be blocked?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by gmcbpi, Nov 2, 2009.

1. gmcbpi

gmcbpi MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    Or, should I say, the certificates and what not get blocked by MS?

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Anything can be blocked...the question is if it is cost effective...What do you think???:D:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    The total procedure to block all data provided by MS to OEM manufacturers must be changed on all machines sold to customers or to dealers. Imagine this and then you find your own answer. If the masterkey leaked this summer is blacklisted, you simply enter new one. If there were an update for the oem certificate and the product key, all real customers should make changes to their computers to continue running a genuine os. Imagine this! Absolutely unpractical. So keep on staying on a safe side with a modded bios.

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yes they can..but IMHO they won't...the biosmods will stay safe.

If they block something, they will go after the loaders first. I guess that will happen soon.

Then at bios they could disable a special mod method...they cannot block all mods at once. The dynamic methods will stay for sure.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    If they block loaders like they did in vista then people who use a loader are safe :D

6. ESC 1000

ESC 1000 Guest

They have so far found no reliable method, but now they represent 4000 new employees, including working 1000+x on this WAT thing, wait until something comes out? Michel has Presslink of Information, is
    directly from Microsoft: Lisa Brummel.

Daz's new Loader v1.73 almost impossible to find for microsoft.

More as waiting, we can not do.

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    A loader, almost impossible to detect?
    LOL!
    Have you ever seen a official SLIC stored on a HDD?
    It would be so easy to validate the HDD, detect and remove the loader.

8. YIN

YIN MDL Member

May 31, 2009
    now i have SSV3 mod

how i can do a dynamic mod for gygabyte award bios?? (just to be safe from blocking the slic address)

p.s. it's not kill my mobo

9. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    You cant. The closest will probably be an ISA mod.

Dont worry about the blocking...its simple paranoia.

I guess they have run out of things to worry about...:eek::p:D

10. Joe45

Joe45 MDL Junior Member

May 17, 2009
    I dont think they will block bios mod, why? because:
    1-They will spend a lot of money...
    2-There is only a minority of people who activates using the bios mod method.

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    No need to..stay cool :cool:..be sure if there is the need to, we will develop a new dynamic method.

Btw: speedy Avatar...:D..or Big C...;)

12. ESC 1000

ESC 1000 Guest

I dare say if biosmod no longer works, daz loader version >=1.73 still run properly. Hung-Kwan and Chen are of the same opinion as Yen, am really very curious. :)

13. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Well I would say that the bios-mod lasts longer than the loader...

14. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    The loader will be gone long before the bios mod...Not worth the discussion though.....:D:D