Can i unistall windows 8.1?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Al_Jourgensen, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Al_Jourgensen

Al_Jourgensen MDL Junior Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Hello comunity

i want to install Windows 8.1, in my notebook with Windows 8 and the recovery partitions, what i want to know is, if i install 8.1, and want to unistall it, can i recover from the recovery partitions, and get back to Windows 8, without the recovery drives being untact?
    i have na Asus G750JX with 2 drives, the 2nd one is empty

i heard about "ASUS Back Tracker" first to backup everything to an external USB Flash Disk before i do any attempts trying to install Windows 8.1

how can i use this tool to get back to factory settings?

i make a recovery, from the recovery partitions with Windows tool, can´t i just boot from that usb stick?

thank you very much for your atention ​

2. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Better do a full disk backup with AOMEI Backupper or whatever tool you prefer after that wipe the disk and start fresh

3. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    #3 Al_Jourgensen, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    (OP)
    Hello Friend

thank you for your atencion, just one question, i recover the disc with Macrium Reflect Professional, if i use this tool, can i recover the recovery partitions has well? it´s an image of the entire disc wright?

thank you once again in advance for your answer

4. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    If you backed up the full disk, then yes, all partitions will be restored if needed

5. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    ok my friend, thank you very much for your help, i´m going to try it

thanks a lot for your attention, and patience

6. hehiro0o

hehiro0o MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2008
    #6 hehiro0o, Sep 26, 2013
    Create System Image File in windows 8/8.1

Run sdclt.exe in cmd (admin)

Recover/restore full backup windows 8
    Make a fullbackup into external USB Flash/Hard Disk and create a system repair disc from windows 8 and not system repair disc windows 8.1 or use windows 8 installation disc and not windows 8.1 installation disc.

Recover/restore full backup windows 8.1
    Make a fullbackup into external USB Flash/Hard Disk and create a system repair disc from windows 8.1 and not system repair disc windows 8 or use windows 8.1 installation disc and not windows 8 installation disc.

want boot from usb stick windows 8 or system repair disc? burning iso image into ur usb stick with ultraIso

7. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    i want to recover the entire recovery partitions, i probably have to do an image with some program, of that disc, i only ask myself, how i´m going to use that recovery image from the disc, to restore, the recovery partitions.

for ex, i´m in 8.1, and want to restore my recovery partitions that i have deleted, with the image of the disc that i made, previously with, my program, to do an image of the disc, from all partitions.

how do i do this with that program, do i install it in win 8.1, and try to run it, to recover the recovery partitions?

than you for your atention

8. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Create a bootable rescue medium with the program you have used and from there boot it up and perform the recovery :smokecowboy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. hehiro0o

hehiro0o MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2008
    ur fullback is on external USB Flash Disk (all Partition will be restore if you select all partitiion to backup) and you need to boot from windows 8 installation usb/disc or system repair usb/disc and connect ur external usb flash disk for restore/recover.

10. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    thanks a lot my friends, i understand now how i´m going to do it

Many Thanks to you guys really

11. hehiro0o

hehiro0o MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2008
    #11 hehiro0o, Sep 26, 2013
    no.. u dont need to install windows 8.1.. just boot from windows 8.1 installation disc/usb or from system recovery disc/usb .. select repair or use advance startup in windows 8.1 metro setting
    Go to setting> update and recovery> > recovery> advance startup

note: use advance startup if u want restore the same windows 8 or windows 8.1 os. u can't use windows advance startup 8.1 to restore/recovery windows 8 or otherwise.

12. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    ok but that, isn´t going to put my recovery partitions back, if deleted

if i understand, i have to install the program that i used to make the disc image partitions, and i have to install it in win 8.1, and run it from there, with the recovery image in other disc, external for ex.

i´m i wrong?

13. hehiro0o

hehiro0o MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2008
    #13 hehiro0o, Sep 26, 2013
    dont worry if u already reformat/deleted all partition and already make a fullbackup via windows 8.1 on external flash/hard disk earlier. u still can recover/restore by using system repair disc/usb or windows 8.1 installation disc/usb.

u dont need the program.. boot it from windows 8.1 installation disc/usb or from system repair disc/usb. there an option to recover/restore ur fullbackup.

check this link:
    pureinfotech.com/2013/07/10/windows-8-1-system-image-backup/

note: use this only to restore/recover ur fullbackup u have make from "create a system image" app windows.

14. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    #14 Al_Jourgensen, Sep 26, 2013
    (OP)
    sorry i think you are not understanding what i want, i want to make a full recovery from my primary disc, with all the partitions in it, such has the recovery partitions.

once i make a full recovery image from the entire disc, with the partitions included, i can delete those partitions, so they will never come back, unless i use this program to image my entire disc.

i say this because i have a notebook with 3 recovery partitions, and to recover those partitions again, to the primary disc, if i deleted them, the windows recovery image won´t do the job, because he isn´t going to create those partitions wright?

so i have to use an external program to image my disc, has it was, with 3 partitions, and not only one, since my win 8 is in that recovery partitions

if i make a normal recovery, there will be no partitions created by the image created with windows, but with the image program i think you can, becuase in that program you can select the disc you want to get the image backup, and the partitions he has, and then recover all the entire primary disc, with all the partitions, that where created in factory, so i can go back to win 8, and have at the same time, the recovery partitions created in that disc

the point here, is to unistall 8.1 and get back to my factory settings, but if i install 8.1, it will format all my c: drive, where i have those partitions, and that is what i want to recover, from 8.1 to 8 with factory settings has it was. with the recovery partitions created again

no?

15. hehiro0o

hehiro0o MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2008
    why u want double recovery?
    btw can u mount recovery partition? (in some case notebook brand, you can mount the recovery partition)
    if you can mount and then u can make a fullbackup via windows

16. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    #16 Al_Jourgensen, Sep 26, 2013
    (OP)
    i only make one recovery image, the one that came from factory, with all the partitions
    if i delete those partitions, windows image won´t restore them
    i need a program to do that, to restore the partitions, not only the c:
    i want c: + the recovery partitions, to a formated hdd, where they where previously
    so the windows image backup, won´t create those partitions, only recover the information in drive c:
    and i want both c: + recovery partitions, so i can install my original win 8, has it comes from factory
    so i have to use other program to make an image of my entire disc, with the partitions included
    and windows image backup, only backs up the c: drive wright? not the partitions, and not even create those partitions
    then i look up for a program (i can´t remember now the name), to make an image of the entire primary drive, with all his partitions, including the recovery one´s
    so, if i install win 8.1, probably he´s going to format all my entire primary disc
    and if i want to go back to win 8, and get the restore partitions as well, i have to make that image, and then restore the primary disc from there, even if i´m in win.8.1
    so when i format the primary drive, to restore everything including the recovery partitions, i have to use that program, and the image that was created by him, to recover not only the c: partition, but the restore partitions has well, and put the notebook, has it comes from factory settings

17. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ Al_Jourgensen, Just use Macrium Reflect Professional as you intended in the first place. You can then image whole drive or partitions to external USB, Hard drive or DVD's. Also make sure you also make rescue media disk.

18. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    #18 Al_Jourgensen, Sep 26, 2013
    (OP)
    exacly that was the program, a freeware, i used that one, i selected all partitions and make a recovery from there

i just have to install it now in windows 8.1 environment, to recover everything again, from my USB disc wright?

19. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You said you had Macrium Reflect Professional now you are saying you have Macrium Reflect Free Edition o_O

You can install it in windows 8.1 if you like but what happens when windows is not working that is the whole purpose of making the Rescue media disk so you can boot from that and restore your system.
    I don't have Macrium Reflect you do so read the documentation.

20. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    #20 Al_Jourgensen, Sep 26, 2013
    (OP)
    i didn´t know that one, so i can boot from the image that macrium creates in the usb, independent of the version of the macrium program? because i can get version 4.2 of your program, and make a new image.