Can I upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Ultimate ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Marboosh, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Marboosh

Marboosh MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2009
    Hi there,

I have Windows 7 Professional x64 SLIC Mod Activated, I was wondering if I can upgrade to Ultimate without formatting (keeping settings, programs etc.) , I downloaded the Ultimate x64 ISO and ran it then selected upgrade, It tells me I can't upgrade from Win7 and have to use the Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade.

Is it possible ?

2. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    did you try starting the upgrade from within windows already

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. X64_Bit

X64_Bit MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2009
    humm ...

it seems to require a "special key" ... which are very difficult to find, contrary to a key for a version Ultimate "normal" :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• up.jpg
      up.jpg
      File size:
      13.7 KB
      Views:
    • up-2.jpg
      up-2.jpg
      File size:
      11.3 KB
      Views:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. noyod

noyod MDL Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Yes, you can upgrade; just take the path of windows anytime upgrade. I have a slic 2.1 bios and i was able to upgrade from an unactivated home premium edition to the professional edition. It's just a matter of keying-in your oem slp upgrade key and everything that follows is like a piece of cake. Takes roughly a little over 12 minutes to do the chore.

5. Marboosh

Marboosh MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2009
    You're right on the money noyod! I just put in the Dell SLP key and some minutes later here I am, running Ultimate.

Thank you very much bro. And thanks to all who tried to help me.

:)

6. X64_Bit

Aug 2, 2009
    Have you also (as Noyod) SLIC modified BIOS? or not ?

thank you for your clarification :)

7. noyod

noyod MDL Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Yeah, he does have a slic 2.1 modified bios. This is part of what he said:

8. X64_Bit

Aug 2, 2009
    Thank you for your reply. My English is not very good and I had not seen your sentence completely ;)