Can I use a BIOS with a SLIC 2.1 table for activation then flash another BIOS after?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HuntMike, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuntMike

HuntMike MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    Can I use a BIOS with a SLIC 2.1 table for activation then flash another BIOS once activation has done?

Or does the SLIC 2.1 table need to be present everytime I boot?

2. Yurbuh Tuggly

Yurbuh Tuggly MDL Member

Jul 26, 2009
    If you overwrite the BIOS Slic Table so that it is no longer present, you will no longer be activated in the OEM way.
    Yes, it must be present at every boot to maintain BIOS-based activation.

3. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    SLIC has to be permanently present to guarantee that Windows 7 stays genuine.

4. HuntMike

HuntMike MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    Damn, looks like I'm going to have to do something to sort this.
    Ok, there is a SLIC 2.1 patched BIOS for my laptop, and it works fine with W7, but screws up my screen brightness settings.

I was hoping to just install with the patched BIOS, then flash my BIOS with the version with good brightness settings. :)

I'm going to have to drop back to an older BIOS with good brightness settings, and see if I can patch it up with SLIC 2.1 somehow.

5. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Why not try a loader then?

6. derausgewanderte

derausgewanderte MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    if a patched bios is available for your system, somebody, best the same person who patched this one should be able to patch the "good brightness" bios for you. It should be possible to patch just the slic part, nothing else.
    I suggest you ask.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Dude, I can make you a bios mod that will integrate slic 2.1 into the bios you want to install! All I need is the bios type: AMI, Award, or Phoenix, what Company you want me to integrate and a link to the original bios that you want to flash. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...