Can I use the OEM folder to install Windows 10 and get the OEM OOBE experience?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Alumaniac, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Alumaniac

Alumaniac MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2019
    My PC is Acer Predator G3-572. I have clean installed Windows 10 1903 using official ISO, but when Windows 10 OOBE experience starts, Acer's OOBE experience (like accepting Acer's terms, creating or logging into Acer ID) is missing, like when I had started it for the first time. OEM partition is still there and also the OEM folder in C. So can anyone help me in that regard? I tried Alt+F10 but this reset and Windows 10's Reset through settings are same. What I am trying to do is get back the Acer customised Windows 10.

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Sorry, but I don't have any Acer. Can You tell, what is "Acer customized Windows 10". What there has been customized?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. er557

er557 MDL Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Just be happy you removed all oem stuff and have a clean windows, however can't you circumvent the OOBE and just log in to acer separately, or for instance download their store app etc.?

4. Alumaniac

Alumaniac MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2019
    So the Microsoft's Official Windows 10 is better than Acer's customised one? I can run Acer's programs though.

5. Alumaniac

Alumaniac MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2019
    I meant the customisations Acer (o any other OEM) does to Windows 10, like stock ROM in Android.