can not install Office 2016 on windows 7

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by caveanimal, Dec 11, 2016.

1. caveanimal

caveanimal MDL Junior Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Hi all I really need some help I have been trying to install Office 2016 with the 02016Rtool but I cannot. I uninstalled 2013 using Microsoft toolkit. than started using the 02016rtool to install the program, I download x64 and tried to install that but ended up to be the wrong one. I thought that because when I right clicked on my computer and it had said it was 64, I was wrong. So I than downloaded the x86 version without any problems and proceeded to follow the instructions. I got it to install it than when I ran it. Than it asked for a network confirmation or something ( I forget what exactly it was it was yesterday) So I thought I must of done something wrong, and then used the toolkit to uninstall that. Now when I try to install the program I am getting an error code 30015-11 (255) . I have tried to download a new file from online but nothing seems to work. I am a noob to this so any help would be very nice.

2. caveanimal

Mar 9, 2009
    #3 caveanimal, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    (OP)
    Am I at any time suppose to disconnect from the internet using 02016Rtool. not positive on this.
    And I uninstalled Office using The tool and checked to see if there was anything in the sys and I didn't see anything. will try to do another install. Thanks

Is there suppose to be another cmd box that is blank when Office is trying to install? Still having errors trying to install wants me to send errors to MS

3. caveanimal

Mar 9, 2009
    #4 caveanimal, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    (OP)
    I have it installed, Now it is asking to activate by typing in email address or phone number.... or product key will try MS toolkit

Tried the tool still asking for activation. man this is frustrating.

4. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    I suspect it's not yet converted to volume license (VL) so it can be seen by MTK.

...T

5. caveanimal

Mar 9, 2009
    When I try to convert it to vlc It says 2016 pro plus found under office suites, project pro found under additional apps. and than the single apps are saying not found...and press any key to continue....

6. caveanimal

Mar 9, 2009
    I still do not have Office activated.:weep: tried to find tokens.dat as in the one suggestion by Simple07 in this location. C:\Windows\System32\spp\store_test\2.0\tokens.dat There isn't any thing in there that says tokens.dat, in fact there is only two folders in system32\spp\ they are plugin-manifests and the file Tokens with some sub folders in there but there is no tokens.dat I even tried to run cleanospp.exe in the 02016RTool but nothing I am doing is working.. I am not the best at this and do need advice on this please.

7. Simple07

Simple07 MDL Addicted

Nov 15, 2012
    Can you make sure that in the File Manager's folder options (under the View tab) you have everything in view.

Attached Files:

8. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
    #9 ratzlefatz, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Just to lower pressure and to get a common basement:

You use Windows 7, 32bit/x86 - Office licensing is handled different with Windows 7
    compared to Windows 8.x or Windows 10. So the location for the Office license file
    "tokens.dat" is not found in "C:\Windows\System32\spp\store(_test)\2.0" - This
    location "./store/" only exists running Windows 10 GA. "./store_test/" = Windows 10 Insider.

Locations of Office license file "tokens.dat" running Windows 7:
    c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform
    c:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform

Be sure to delete file "tokens.dat" in the above 2 locations only.

It additionally exists in another folder:
    c:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform

But that's Windows 7 activation. You will loose Windows activation when you delete
    "tokens.dat" in the "SoftwareProtectionPlatform" folder.

You have to redo [C]onversion from Retail to Volume before trying KMS activation.

If this doesn't work either then do the following to clean up the messed system:

Run Microsoft Office FixIt-Tool TWICE! I found out, that (for whatever reason) not all traces of
    a messed up Office installation were removed during the first run.

So before starting again do the following:
    1.) run FixIt-Tool once
    2.) REBOOT (important!)
    3.) run FixIt-Tool again
    4.) REBOOT (important)

Then use O2016RTool to [D]ownload, install, [C]onvert and [K]MS activate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. caveanimal

Mar 9, 2009
    #10 caveanimal, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    (OP)
    Thanks for the rely. I just have a couple of questions before I download and install again.
    If the Microsoft Toolkit removes everything should there be files in the registry pertaining the Office program? I used CCleaner to clean up just the lose files before I reinstall. After I did that I used the program just to check the registry to see if there was any references to the program and there was a ton that it had found. I did nothing with these. Should there be any ?

And this may be a dumb question but when I reinstall Office should I at any time disconnect from the internet?

Thanks

And just for the heck of it I ran autoruns and looked at some of the tabs and there are still items in there, like lync click to call, send to one note, onenote lin&ked notes.

10. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
    #11 ratzlefatz, Dec 13, 2016
    Use the official MS-Office FixIt-Tool twice as I suggested. Microsoft should know best how to remove its own product.
    I know CCleaner, but I don't like such Tools. Because they do more harm to the registry. And the result is marginal.

No, there is no need to do this. You can stay connected during install.

As I said above: Go through FixIt-Tool procedure and if you are worried then you may check again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. caveanimal

Mar 9, 2009
    Thanks I used the fixit-tool a few times just to make sure, rebooted every time. I will ignore the results from CCleaner and do the install and let you know.

Thanks again.

12. caveanimal

Mar 9, 2009
    #13 caveanimal, Dec 13, 2016
    (OP)
    Well I went through the process [D] downloaded Office. install Office Suites or Single apps. didn't pick skype or the other last one. started install about half way through notice came up Something went wrong sorry we ran into a problem Go online for additional help, with this error code: 30015-11 (255 )

not sure what to do
    I don't think this program likes me :D

and at the bottom of the screen there is 4 icons showing, 1 is the 02016RTool another is the Office install program with the error code in another.. the other one is a small white icon with a small blue screen in it with some letters, when I click on it. it comes up like a command box but it is empty.

13. caveanimal

Mar 9, 2009
    Well I went to the Microsoft error page and done all the things that it asked me to do again, sys/scannow, proxy settings. antivirus, used Microsoft toolkit and removed all, rebooted and did again. than I ran autoruns. and deleted most of the files not found that were highlighted in yellow that had any reference to Office. rebooted again. than ran 02016RTool downloaded a new file and installed. This time I had no error and the program installed. now when I entered [C] to change to vl It came up with a bunch of errors It found the Office suite 2016 proplus. additional apps Project pro found. single apps says not found. than when I hit return it loads a bunch of items and some say error. once that is done echo comes up and it says off with a windows activation screen that says an error occurred and to contact Samsung. hit enter did this again than hit enter again each one says succesfull install . than when I use [K] to start activation I get errors activation failed. don't know what to try.

14. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #15 xinso, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    Is there C:\Windows\SysWOW64 in your Windows 7?

15. caveanimal

Mar 9, 2009
    Yes there is such a file should it be there?

16. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    I'll install Windows 7 x64 and both Office 2016 amd64/x86 under VMware tomorrow.

17. caveanimal

Mar 9, 2009
    #18 caveanimal, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    (OP)
    what is VMware ?

18. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I have some Office 2016 16.0.70.70.2033 :eek: and install it right now. Never use it before o_O. Try to activate with MS Toolkit failed. WithO2016RTool use option to convert retail to VL and activation was successful with MS Toolkit. ;) :D

19. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    caveanimal, I am not available for testing it. Really sorry about that.