can some1 patch readydriver plus for win8 "solution but dont know how too"

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by binded, Aug 9, 2013.

1. binded

binded MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
  2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #2 EFA11, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
    I am just trying to understand why I guess. You need driver enforcement off for specific drivers that are not functioning with Win8 or you are just trying to remove the Watermark? Depending on what you are trying to accomplish there may be an easier way than hacking files etc.

-ed-
    If it is to use for a driver maybe try this.

1. Windows Key + R
    2. Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    3. Click the "OK" button
    4. System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
    5. Select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
    6. Select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
    7. Select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
    8. Click "Restart" button
    9. System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
    10. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
    11. Once the system starts, install the drivers as you would on Windows 7

3. binded

binded MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    because i want to turn off the driver enforcement so that i can run unsigned drivers with out using test mode
    i have a few patched drivers that will not run at all with out turning it off and or using test mode and self signing the driver and the only way to run self signed is with test mode on

so its better to just have it turned off right at boot

im not the only person that has looked and tried to do the same as me

and patching with the watermark remover is not the answer as it messes with other parts of the system aka can cause metro apps no to run and other apps to not run correctly

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Why not wait for the RTM, which is just a short time ahead? Doing the hacking now, maybe will not work on RTM later on and you've have to "play the same game" again! Waste of time for MHO!

On the other hand, that Watermark will remind me at all times that I using an OS with a Time Bomb, means limited time of use and a Beta! The time will come the user of the OS with removed Watermark will start complaining about that the OS was stopped working and yelling for a way to overcome that!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #5 EFA11, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Can't you just use the bcdedit in an elevated command prompt?

Code:
    bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF
    That should shut off the watermark, if not. You can try to COPY cmd.exe from windows/system32 to your root of c:/ and right click run from administrator there, and then try bcdedit.

6. binded

binded MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    #6 binded, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    i never said any thing about that im running a beta or any thing else im running win 8 pro rtm
    and to tell the truth i dont think that it would be a waste of time even though 8.1 rtm is around the corner as this is more of a bootkit type thing that get loaded before even the os is and then auto runs the commands to load the system to advanced boot options and then does the f7 for you to continue loading the os

this will be independent of of even the OS

this is not a option because the drivers will not run with out the unless they are self test signed meaning that you need to use the test mode

7. binded

binded MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009

Attached Files:

• boot.zip
      File size:
      352 bytes
      Views:
  8. bellasi

bellasi MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2014
    Hi is there a way to sign driver on windows 8 x64 without disabling driver signature enforcement on every windows startup please.