can someone convert .ami files to .rom files for crashfree bios recovery

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by wintron, Aug 4, 2012.

1. wintron

wintron MDL Member

Dec 4, 2009
  2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    likely the ram is faulty.
    try 1 stick at time to see if it does recover.. try other stick on slot1

3. wintron

wintron MDL Member

Dec 4, 2009
    ok thanks .i'll try that later on tonight but could you please tell me if to convert to .ami files to .rom files is it as simple as renaming the extension ? would have thought there was more to it

4. wintron

wintron MDL Member

Dec 4, 2009
    ok let me see where to start . before hand i tested the three sticks of ddr on another pc . gave then a three pass test with memtest . then as you say tried the ram individually not only on slot 1 but on all of then individually . same result as stated above . funny thing is that beforehand when ever i left the mobo with ram it wouldnt beep and now it does which is normal . but it always asks for bios recovery .

up to now i have used a floppy drive but would also like to use a cdrom drive and you can use any of the two . unfortunately i havnt got the motherboard cd . i know that i have to create a dos like image then add afudos and the rom file to the image then burn to cd . anyone know there i can get a dos bootable cd image . another thing is that all this happened after a power filure at home when pc was on . i know that it will be most probably mobo failure but i would like to give it a last shot . power supply is also ok tested with a ps tester . any help or ideas are greatly appreciated . thanks