can throttlestop cause bsod if undervolt is disabled

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by cns00, Aug 13, 2020.

1. cns00

cns00 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2019
    if you enable undervolt in throttlestop then you can get bsod while trying to pick a stable undervolt value. also an undervolt value which is stable now will become unstable later due to cpu degradation and it will cause bsod. also if you use undervolt then the undervolt can still be saved in the memory after you exit throttlestop and it can cause bsod

if i just use speedshift epp in throttlestop and i leave all the other settings as they are and i leave undervolt off then can throttlestop still cause bsod? can anything remain in the memory after i exit throttlestop if i use it like that?

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    @cns00
    Thank you. Interestingly, I don't have this option for "speedshift epp". But I can tell you so much that it depends on your system what happens or what doesn't. What is certain is that each electronic system has its own fixed settings that are stable and that, if left out of these frames, the system can give very unpredictable results, including burnout or a complete failing.
    Question. Why are you using an outdated version?
    The current one is 9.2.0.0 and it is quite different from this ancient version. (I said ancient because it's still really very old).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    throttlestop is a nice little program but basically all the newer I7 come already with turbo boost enable wish is a overclocking mechanism so maybe running throttlestop mite cause conflict in the bios and cause the BSOD crash....but i dont use any over clocking programs so i cant confirm anything.... remove the app and see if u get crashes if u dont u have your answer maybe the program needs to be properly configure in the settings.

5. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    There is no need to remove anything, if it is on, just turn it off. There is a button for that. It also doesn't need to be started with Windows, and then it has no effect on the default settings. It only works when it is turned on.

6. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    true but sometimes does apps stay running in the background and will cause u problems i seen apps were u disable them and after a while they turn back on again with out giving any warning.