Can upgrade or not?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DARKOR04, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    Hello I have a doubt.

In my PC I have installed Windows 7 Professional RTM 7600,
    Bios Slic 2.1 (Original untouched) Activated via Cert Installation and OEM SLP Professinal KEY with CMD.

I just want to know if i can upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate RTM 7600 (Original DVD with $OEM$ Folder and everything). Don't want to make a clean install, too much programs and docs to backup.

"I have the original Windows 7 Ultimate DVD untouched too"
    Can use any of them? well if is possible to upgrade. little help here. Thanks

PS: I think its possible but need to install OEM Cert and key again. But I'm Not sure..

2. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    He he! Sooo easy sorry for the DUMB question. I already upgraded a few minutes ago to Ultimate no problems. No need of DVD just used Windows Anytime Upgrade and enter Windows 7 Ultimate Edition OEM SLP KEY. It took only 9 minutes 53 seconds to upgrade. So thanks anyway..

3. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    Good you figured it out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    Yes it's VERY simple if you have a BIOS with SLIC 2.1, you "get" a free upgrade to Pro or Ultimate using Anytime upgrade and one of the OEM SLP keys found here:

http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/10370-Windows-7-OEM-SLP-Key-Collection

Strange that MS have made it so easy to upgrade without paying...of course, large companies and people that now using MDL at similar forums, don't know about this. So they pay of course.