can we find vaio gate

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by williamd, Oct 28, 2009.

1. williamd

williamd MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2008
    theres a new peice of software for sony computers called sony vaio gate . lets see if we can find?

2. paconaranjo

paconaranjo MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2009
    I have MODJ-148858-VAIO Gate.rar 3.8 MB but is for Windows 7 only. PM if you needed or you can found via google with the name I give you.

3. Protocol7

Protocol7 MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2009
    #3 Protocol7, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
    This is a pretty cool Dock. It doesn't check if the machine is a Sony either so it runs on anything.

According to the Sony site it supports RSS feeds, but I can't figure out how to add them. Does anyone know?

To get rid of the Vaio icon (you can't drag it from the dock), you can edit the settings file stored in

%AppData%\Sony Corporation\VAIO Gate

Open VAIO Gate.xml in Notepad and change the "Item Type" at the start of the fifth line to 0.

-----------

I also managed to edit it to change the Vaio menu to MS Office. Clicking on it now opens a sublayer with Word, Excel, etc. The only problem is I can't replace the Vaio icon with the Office one. There's a DisplayIcon parameter but it doesn't seem to override.

4. sugarbabe

sugarbabe MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2009
    paconaranjo,

Cant find the link through google with the name you provided. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong

5. RabidKiller

RabidKiller MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2009
    Sony Vaio Gate

Thanks Protocol7 links work:)

6. Protocol7

Protocol7 MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2009
    I figured out the RSS bit. You have to have the feeds added to IE.

7. Jay48

Jay48 MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2009
    If you open the Vaio Gate toolbar (at the top) and select the "Home icon" in grey on the extreme right, it opens an "Options" menu for Vaio gate. This includes being able to adjust the RSS feeds or turn them off.

8. Protocol7

Protocol7 MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2009
    Yup I knew about that. But I use Firefox so I didn't have any feeds in IE. All you get in the options menu then is the option to turn off/update frequency.