Can You Still Activate A Free Windows Media Center Key Obtain From Microsoft

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by UTDKING, Jan 4, 2013.

1. UTDKING

UTDKING MDL Junior Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Hi All,
    I have a couple of question for you
    My freiend wants to purchase the genuine M$ Windows 8 Pro upgrade Discs from his local pc world shop for around £50, He knows he will have no problems upgrading as he ran windows 8 upgrade advisor
    He Knows the activation should go ok as he is buying genuine DVD
    But now for my question
    Question 1
    My friend requested a free WMC key from M$ about a month ago, Will he still be able to apply that key & end up with a system running windows 8 pro + WMC & activated
    Question 2
    If my friend needs to re-install will re-applying the WMC key still work
    Please advise to help someone who`s unsure

2. Tribbiani

Tribbiani MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2012
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes. Make sure your friend uses WMC key before the end of January, otherwise it won't work.

3. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Here every thing you mentioned is genuine & will work fine in both cases..

Advice him to use ATM to backup activation. First backup pro activation & then pro+wmc activation. Later he can use backup in event of reinstall...

4. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    ?1)
    Yes

?2)
    To be sure backup activation

5. UTDKING

UTDKING MDL Junior Member

Oct 26, 2012
    thanks all
    I will let my friend know
    Just one more question for myself this time i have genuine Windows 8 Pro+WMC Activated
    I have a backup of my activation with WMC, But didnt make a backup of the Windows 8 activation as i assume that
    i have the upgrade disc that i downloaded from M$ & my serial key so i guess re-installing & applying the key it would activate
    Then i assume putting in my WMC & apply the features then restarting the system it would activate
    Is that correct
    Thanks all
    great site

6. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Yes but how many times you can reactivated without making call to M$ is not sure... Activation backup just save us from consuming reactivation count...