Can you still log-in individually on each app?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by prozinhubr, Jul 30, 2015.

1. prozinhubr

prozinhubr MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2014
    I used to do this when I had a local account in the earlier builds but I'm not sure if it still works and I wouldn't want to risk converting my local account into a ms-linked account. Can anyone test it if you have a VM or something?

2. fLOW.

fLOW. MDL Senior Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Yes, it's still possible.

When prompted for a Microsoft Account you put into your details and click next, after it should ask you for a Windows password and below (in blue color = link style) that it says something like "Login only to this app instead" and you're good to go, still on a local account with a MSA just in that app.

3. prozinhubr

prozinhubr MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2014
    Thanks a lot man, it worked.

4. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    There is absolutely NO risk in converting local account to a Microsoft Account. There are only benefits. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. prozinhubr

prozinhubr MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2014
    I don't want any links, logs or relation between what I do in my computer and my e-mail address/real name

6. fLOW.

fLOW. MDL Senior Member

Jul 28, 2009
    No problem.

I also don't like to use a Microsoft Account for the whole system and i was confused as well because in Windows 8.1 we had the option to sign-in just to that app even before putting the details.

7. joshua909net

joshua909net MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    I was unable to for some odd reason

8. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I think you need to stay off the internet! :clap::clap::clap:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...