Cannot boot Win 7, because wrong partition is activated

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Hannibal Lecter, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Hannibal Lecter

Hannibal Lecter MDL Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    To replace grub with Win / bootloader while uninstalling Ubuntu, I used easyBCD, but out of my own stupidity activated the wrong partition and now cannot start up Win 7 because I cannot access the bootloader which is on another partition.

How can I get into disc management/storage of Win 7 and how do I de-activate that wrong partition? Or, maybe another solution is needed....

As you can probably tell by now, I am not too good at this, so, if I need to download some boot CD , please, a précise description.

Thank you

2. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Partition Wizard will do it correctly but perhaps since the earlier active partition has become inactive, windows may face a problem.
    I did this goof up once (had 2 active partitions during install). Thankfully I noticed the error right after the install, rectified the error thru partition wizard boot cd, and instead of tearing my head out as to whether it will work then or maybe the next day, reinstalled windows again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Hannibal Lecter

Hannibal Lecter MDL Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    I am back.... I activated the correct partition ( at the second attempt) and I am back in.

Now I will reinstall DAZ loader and hope for the best...

Thanks once more everybody