Cannot choose lockscreen pictures any more.... Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by jiangzhenjerry, Sep 16, 2011.

1. jiangzhenjerry

jiangzhenjerry MDL Novice

Jul 1, 2011
    I think I had some softwares do a cleaning job and they are definitely not that compatible with the latest developer preview... In the following snapshot there should be 5~6 default pictures to choose as lock screen, however as you can see now they are gone... Any ideas how to resolve this?

By the way, the pictures themselves (C:\Windows\Web\Screen\) still exist. They just don't show up here in the Metro Control Panel... Very weird.

control.jpg

2. jiangzhenjerry

jiangzhenjerry MDL Novice

Jul 1, 2011
    Sadly nobody knows the answer... I don't really know what happens, as the only thing I used is CCleaner.

3. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    This is how looks in my laptop... Picture1ew.jpg

4. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    When I vane such trouble I give restart...and all is gone....:p

5. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    you could do a refresh.(click on control panel,then general,there will see refresh)i had a problem with the metro ui and it fixed that.need to have your disc ready as it may ask for it.if your computer is set to boot from disc,if refresh requires a restart with the disc still in drive,if you see message to push any key to boot from disc,dont do anything and refresh starts.(far as i can remember thats the way it worked.(sorry if thats kind of vague but did it a while ago)if it keeps restarting booting from disc after repair,remove the disc,as i think mine rebooted again so i took it out)hope that helps.

6. ODY123

ODY123 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2011
    The only way you can get them back is to reinstall 8102 after using cleaning software. Ccleaner is ok to use, but after I used Boostspeed, even system restore wouldn't get them back.