Cannot load 7 installation menus

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by PureTorque, Dec 3, 2010.

1. PureTorque

PureTorque MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2010
    Hi all,
    I have a legit copy of 7 64bit. Im trying to install a fresh copy on a system that was built with XP Pro. When I try booting off the disc it loads the windows files, comes to the windows 7 background, but the window that actually allows me to install and format my HDD does not come up. The reason why I'm trying to upgrade is that CS5 requires 64bit.

Does anyone have ideas?

Specs:
    Asus P5K-VM mobo
    Evga 8500GT
    4 GB DDR2 RAM
    Hitchai laptop sata HDD 500GB

2. chianf092

chianf092 MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Just to check on the installation it doesn't have an AutoUnattend.xml file in there does it? If it does that will be your problem. If not it could be a hangup when it is trying to identify the hard drives. Did you try the copy from the Windows 7 Repository?

Those are the only ideas I have to suggest to you.

3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    kinda off topic but canouna what does that bios option do? Do you know? I have it but I never enabled it lol.

@PureTorque: It sounds like just a bad copy of win7, either because of a non-attented script or just a download/burn to disk issue. I would suggest you to redownload the win7 iso and use ImgBurn on 4x burn speed, it will be slower but not have as many potential issues compared to the maximum burn speed. Good luck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Deb_Rider

Deb_Rider MDL Senior Member

Aug 21, 2010

It was a month ago,when I tried to reinstall win7 on my brothers computer..windows files were being loaded but the options to install weren't being appared...
    I tried 3 times but same result...I had to power off the system holding the power buton....
    Next time I did boot again and left it as my mom called me for lunch...
    I still remember,after 20 minutes a window appared on that blue screen of set up.....
    And I continued the installation....
    It took twice time to install....
    After the installation I found that it was the problem of OPTICAL DRIVE....It has become slow to read any disc....

5. PureTorque

PureTorque MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2010
    Thanks for the reply guys, i'm going to look into that. I have feeling it can't be the ODD or the 7 disc because i just installed xp fine using the ODD, and the 7 installed perfect on my other computer.

chianf092, where do i see if i have AutoUnattend.xml file? i'm not sure i can look for it because all i'm doing is booting off the disc.

canouna, i'm am going to look into the BIOS and yes its a SATA drive, but xp is running fine on it, would it make a difference if it is XP thats being installed.

6. PureTorque

PureTorque MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2010
    If all else fails, where can I download XP 64bit?

7. chianf092

chianf092 MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2008
    If it is there it will be right in the beginning of the disk, with all the main files. Have you tried USB installation? It typically is a lot faster than DVD. Other solution is to generate an AutoUnattend file that will skip the compatibility check before the installation.

8. PureTorque

PureTorque MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2010
    So everything is working excellent, just like Deb_Rider said, it take a while for the windows to load, i had to wait about 10-15 for the installation windows to come up. Thanks everyone!

9. EneergE

EneergE MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2009
    If you don't have a floppy drive installed, disable it in the BIOS, or just disable it temporary for the install. On my computer, when the floppy was set to anything other than Disabled, it would take an unusually long amount of time before the installer screen appeared, and like you, I thought there was something wrong with my media. Disabled the floppy, and I no longer see the issue.

10. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

I had a similar problem a few months ago with a Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo-T PC from 2004 and Windows 7, the problem was that after "Windows is loading files..." it would automatically reboot itself and start all over, kinda like an infinite loop.

Turned out that I had to update the bios to the latest one, a version from 2006 was the last one and that did it, no more XP ever again.